Earlier this month we told you about the action puzzle game Subaeria, created by Montreal independent developer iLLOGIKA. Now we’ve received word that the game will be delayed from its original announced release date. Originally it would have been out next Tuesday (April 24), but that date has shifted to May 9. Considering the kind of months-long delays we’re used to experiencing from games, this isn’t too bad.
All throughout Subaeria, you are stalked by dangerous robots. You can’t defeat them on your own, and they won’t stop until you’re dead. The way to get rid of them is….to turn them against each other! They may be powerful, but they’re not too bright. Leading one drone in a certain direction will cause him to collide with another drone, taking them both out. The key to victory is getting good at maneuvers like this.
In Subaeria, players follow Styx, a young girl who’s out for revenge after her family is murdered by the overlord of Subaeria. She must fight her way through droves of murderous robots by pitting them against one another. As she progresses towards her goal of revenge, she’ll explore the underwater city of Subaeria to uncover the mysteries that lie below the depths.
- Pit your enemies against one another and the environment to defeat them.
- Use skills equipped to your drone to influence your robot enemies and Styx.
- Every room is a puzzle to be solved with the skills you have on hand.
- Unlock different skills, buffs and skins at each play through.
- Explore a new labyrinth at every play session.
Expect to explore Subareia on its new release date, May 9, 2018.