Today is the day Japanese publisher Idea Factory has introduced Record Of Agarest War Mariage to Steam. Previously a PSP title, the upgraded PC version includes graphical enhancements, plus English, Japanese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese subtitles.
We did not misspell the title of this game, unless Idea Factory did. The word (?) “Mariage” is all over the press release, and right there in the logo:
Record Of Agarest War Mariage revolves around a heroic character who was destined at birth to confront and defeat the evil Archdemon. Eons ago a goddess fell in love with a human, and was martyred for the trespass. Her lover raised the weapon she left behind and vowed to eventually produce an heir that would kill the Archdemon….believed to be the hero you play. As for what marriage (or mariage) has to do with this, check the bottom of the features list….
- Two Generations & Two Protagonists – Players will start the game as the main protagonist, Rain. As you progress, you and the maiden you choose will birth a child. You will then play as either Larc or Ciela and the second generation begins! The second generation hero also gains the skills of Rain plus the chosen maiden across all roles (Attacker, Defender, Healer, or Supporter), but note that there is a limit to how much you can choose.
- Sacred Arts Skills – Each character can cast Sacred Art Skills that will help turn the tide of battle!
- Link Attacks – There are three variations of the Link Attacks: Twin, Triple, and Quad attack. All three Link Attacks vary in name and are dependent on which character is using the attack.
- Role – Each character has the option to choose to be an Attacker, Defender, Healer, or Supporter. Each character has a preferred role and is significantly better in a specific role than others because they are able to unlock more skills as that specific role. For example, Rain can learn 15 or so skills as an Attacker, but can only learn 5 skills as a healer.
- Enhance – Skill trees are essential for character growth, especially when battling tougher bosses later in the game. Find the materials needed to upgrade the nodes in your skill tree and make your characters stronger! Most stat increases for your characters do not come from leveling, but from the skill tree, so make sure you upgrade!
- Unification System – As a protagonist, you have the option to choose a maiden to fall in love with. The Unification System allows the player to get in touch with one of the maidens and also provides in-game benefits during battle. After each unification, the maiden raises her max GP, which in turn, allows the character to use more Sacred Arts skills.
Buying Record Of Agarest War Mariage today will get you a 30% discount, both for the game and for the Deluxe Pack add-on that includes artbooks and wallpapers. Buying both at once (in the Deluxe Bundle) saves an additional 20%.
Record Of Agarest War Mariage is available now on Steam.