So, who is ready to meet at least two new types of Pikmin?
Nintendo finally revealed Pikmin 3 at the opening of their E3 Conference this morning. The conference started with Miyamoto in his dressing room, with Pikmin running around, up to mischief. A red Pikmin falls into Miyamoto’s jacket pocket, just before he picks it up and heads out on stage. Bill Trinnen joins Miyamoto and they have a laugh as they put AR Pikmin amongst the crowd gathered there to witness the full unveiling of the Wii U.
- Nintendo have so far revealed a few details about the game…
- There are new Rock Pikmin
- There also appears to be pink flying Pikmin.
- Then game features four leaders
- Olimar has gone missing
- Leaders can now throw other leaders
- Pikmin now build bridges from stones already in the environment.
- Pikmin can now ride lillypads over the water.
- There are new glass walls.
- There are also glass-enforced bosses.
- It appears that you no longer have to pluck Pikmin from the ground.
- One of the main benefits of making Pikmin 3 for a HD console has been the visuals, as you can now be zoomed out without loosing the details of the individual Pikmin.