Created by Drop Dead Studios, Outbreak: Epidemic is the fourth release in the Outbreak series, following Lost Hope, The Nightmare Chronicles and The New Nightmare. It’s a series of third-person over-the-shoulder games reminiscent of the original Resident Evil, set in shadowy locales full of monsters.
Your survivors this time are Gwen, Renault, Kara, and Tom, navigating the zombie apocalypse through three modes: Campaign Mode, Onslaught Mode and Experiments Mode. Gather your friends together and play as all four, or pick one and survive solo. The series is a lot more unforgiving than Resident Evil (which is why people love it). The resources are slim, and the monsters are relentless. Only careful strategy will get you through Outbreak alive.
- OTS: Claustrophobic over-the-shoulder gameplay brings the nightmare alive.
- Defense: Utilize numerous firearm and melee weapons against the undead.
- Story Mode: Experience the epidemic first hand as you fight through the story.
- Onslaught Mode: Take out hordes of the undead with limited supplies.
- Experiments Mode: Bonus modes with a unique spin on survival horror.
- Explore: In Campaign Mode search areas, read logs, find keys and solve puzzles to survive.
- Difficult: Play across multiple difficulty modes.
- Alone: Play solo even without an internet connection.
- Cross Platform Multiplayer: Play together across Windows and SteamOS! (Steam Only)
- Co-op Survival Horror: Classic Mechanics. 4-player co-op. (Steam Only)
- The Cloud: Dedicated low-latency servers ensure no connection issues. (Steam Only)
- Big Screen: Customizable gamepad, mouse and keyboard controls. (Steam Only)
Check out Outbreak: Epidemic today on XBox One and Steam. The previous three games in the series are also available on those platforms.