Square-Enix have released a load of new screens and details about Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS…
– Returning worlds will have new areas
– Dream Eaters are split into “Spirit” and “Nightmare” types
– Spirit types fight alongside Sora and Riku
– Nightmare types are powerful foes
– Carry two Spirit types into battle
– Collection aspect: attempt to get all Dream Eaters
– Many tens of the creatures waiting to be found
– Press Y when in the vicinity of walls and poles to perform a variety of actions
– Press A for a Free Flow Action
– Kick Dive: after kicking off a wall you can target the ground with a powerful attack
– Turn Cutter: where you swing around a pole, using your keyblade to deal damage to your surroundings
– Reality Shift: special marker will appear on an enemy; press X and A to switch to this mode
– Action will freeze, Sora or Riku will disappear from the top screen and reappear on the touch screen
– Perform different moves such as Sora’s sling shot while in Reality Shift mode
– Traverse Town has two new areas
– All the Disney worlds appearing will be new, and there will be new areas in existing worlds.
– This time Traverse Town is constructed around the reason that Neku and co. have come. He has been separated from his original partner Shiki.
– Will go into more detail about Shiki and the others in a follow up report.
– Concerning a sequel to The World Ends With You, there may be something going on. (Already touched upon in the other thread) (Note from Austin: There is definitely something going on)
– The opening of this title will be in Xehanort’s point of view. Additionally, there will be a surprise unlike anything seen before in the last scene.
– The leveling up of the Dream Eaters is directly related to the growth of Sora and Riku. So far we’ve only seen 2 at a time in battle, but if you give it your all you’ll be able collect all the types.
– Nomura isn’t quite sure off the top of his head, but there are dozens of Dream Eater types.
– There will be multiplayer functions; will explain more in a follow up report.
– KH3D is set to release Spring 2012 in Japan.
– It’s currently about 60% to 70% complete.