Your favorite Hayao Miyazaki movie (s)

1 - Nausicaä of the valley of the wind: a pure masterpiece yet so unknown
2 - Spirited away: the master at the top of his art, what else ?
3 - Princess Mononoke: a must see
 
only one seen of current- Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea. why? it's over adorable, and the English Dub even amps up the cuteness.
 
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
And Grave of the Fireflies...perhaps the one anime that can actually make you cry.
 
My top three would have to be:

Spirited Away (first one I saw)

The Cat Returns (funny, especially if you are a cat person)

Howl's Moving Castle
 
Wow, only one person posted Totoro so far? That's kind of shocking...

Anyways, my top 3 would be...

1. Nausicaä
2. My Neighbor Totoro
3. Spirited Away
 
Oh man, I haven't seen Totoro since 5th grade. And the first time I saw Spirited Away, I was stunned. My top 3 are:

Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
My Neighbor Totoro
 
I'm not trying to bring the thread down. But you wouldn't believe how much more frightening the giant wave scenes in Ponyo are, after seeing all the footage of the people and homes drowning away from the tsunami in Japan.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top