I am a Wizard fanboy, as well. :sweat:

The magic theme alone interests me. The rings, the elemental forms for Wizard, the special effects, everything is just pure fun and entertaining for me.

The suit designs are fantastic especially the Phantoms. I just love how the designers took mythological creatures and turned them into some great-looking suits with some standouts (for me) being Phoenix, Hellhound, and Beelzebub. The suits for Wizard are just gorgeous and eye-catching with the jewel-motif.

The fight choreography is spectacular. Seiji Takaiwa has outdone himself with Wizard's flip-and-kick style. I honestly can't believe how he went from Fourze's half-assed fighting to this! :O_O:

The acting is decent at best. Haruto could use improvement but the actor's humorous tone fits his character. Standouts for me would be Rinko and Medusa/Misa and Mayu. Erina Nakayama is a wonderful actress in that she can play two (if you count Misa before she became a Phantom, then that's three) characters who look alike but have different personalities. I applaud her.

I agree with most that the overall plot/story does need some improvement. If you take each two-parter by itself, you have some good stories. Most of the Gates have some problems that real-life people could connect with. They have hopes and dreams and the Phantoms breaking them is pretty harsh if you ask me.
Combine everything together and most of it doesn't fit. The episodes where Haruto gets his Dragon forms just clash together, one after another. After all that is done, we have All Dragon which was kind of unnecessary for the story. Heck, let's make Haruto stronger by giving him 3 clones that can fight with him! :sly: The most recent upgrade, Infinity, wasn't a good reveal. The whole thing to gain it needed to flesh out more and revealing it after Nitoh got his final upgrade was a bad decision.

Overall, Wizard is one my favorite Rider series (and may be my top favorite after it's done). The show just works for me. I guess that's the only way for someone to like it, I guess. :eyebrow:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
On the subject of Koyomi, I'm a little disappointed in how she's being handled. Yes, she does stuff, but I feel like her character depends on Haruto too much. I don't care if she's "supposed" to - I always think something has gone a bit wrong if a main character cannot stand alone. It's not really anyone's fault that Makoto Okunaka has been busy with other work but I wish they'd cast someone who could give more time to the show.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
She don't need no man to be whole!

She doesn't feel like a full character. She is, to use a metaphor, an add-on to the Haruto software and not a program of her own. Or something.

I'm disappointed in Wajima's lack of character too but at least the show has never really treated him as main cast outside of the initial promo material

I am KamenRiderPEZ
She doesn't feel like a full character. She is, to use a metaphor, an add-on to the Haruto software and not a program of her own. Or something.

I'm disappointed in Wajima's lack of character too but at least the show has never really treated him as main cast outside of the initial promo material

I think Koyomi has been a bit too worried over Haruto, but he is her life source, so I get it. She could be more Nitou-like and NOT worry about her ever approaching death; that would be cool, but it seems like she feels as if she is a milestone around Haruto's neck.

I want Wajima to be more Tobei Tachibana like! He knows Haruto so well, and has encouraged him to overcome a Phantom once or twice, but I would like to see a little more. Shifting focus a bit, Wajima can be considered to be a father to Haruto and that is also something I would like to see explored. Why not looking more into Wizard's "band" now that all the upgrades are out of the way?

DSP

Lurker
As much as I enjoy some aspects of Wizard, the fighting, the characters and music, I'm finding the series to be rather, phoned in. Like it feels like it's plodding along in a rather formulaic manner, upgrade after upgrade after upgrade, not enough appropriate buildup for each major event either, most of the time it just drops in his lap.

I think this is most evident by the debut of Infinity, while the actual debut was pretty damn badass, the buildup to it is pretty...non-existant. Haruto doesn't feel like he was pushed to his limits enough simply wallowing for a short while, and the use of a villain who just appeared last episode makes it feel cheap and hollow. There was definite problem with the pacing. It needed more time to allow Haruto to actually well in his depression for a good while before the great tear ring of hope appears, or if forced to stick to the two arc, take away haruto's magic earlier on in the first episode of the arc.

Also like others have said Koyomi and Wajima need to do more ****. Especially Wajima, when he first appeared he seemed like he'd be more involved than the guy who just makes ****. You'd think he'd be more well versed or a little bit knowledgable considering he makes the rings. Oh speaking of underused characters, FUCKING WISEMAN. You know after 30 episodes or so you'd expect to get more of a hint of who he is.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
What I would give for a modern-day Kuuga movie with Godai's original actor in the role....

Stop making me want things Kurenai.
Sad thing is, Odagiri would probably do it if Arakara and Taketera were attached to the project. It's just a matter of whether they're willing to do dish out to create something like that.

But yeah, a Kuuga movie. I won't complain as long as Arakawa delivers on his sequel novelization to Kuuga.

Hiding Under ur Bed
i would that wizard is a great one. . .
but if you would compare it to the previous kamen rider especially the last one which is fourze. . .
i would say that wizard wouldnt stand a chance. . .
i just hope that they come out with something so that would make the story more interesting. . .

anyways. . .
i love wizard's diff forms especially fire dragon. . .
i just hope that with the addition of a new power to him. . .
i hope he wouldnt use infinity every part of the show as his killer form. . .
hope he still use his dragon forms. . .

:):):):):):)

Nice post!!
Watching Wizard is like eating bad pizza. It's better than having nothing at all to eat, but every bite reminds you of how much better good pizza tastes.