I liked him when he wasn't a god
A female White Ranger is always treated as a Pink. But Green and Black Rangers are not interchangeable - there have always been distinct character stereotypes for each

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Like what? And how were Sayaka and Mai the same?

Green Rangers tend to be the eccentric one (MagiGreen, GingaGreen, DekaGreen, GokaiGreen) or to be young and naive (Midoranger, TimeGreen, Go-on Green, Green Sai, ShinkenGreen.) Blacks tend to be the "straight man" and/or be the second-in-command, if that role isn't given to the Blue. Or they are the "rebel" of the group (Black Condor; BoukenBlack was clearly intended to be this even if it wasn't well done.)

In Changeman, Sayaka was more like a stereotypical Pink and Mai more like a tomboyish Yellow, they just used a different colour combination.

In a five man team, it's usually red/green/blue/yellow/pink, but sometimes they'll use black instead of green, or white instead of pink. Battle Fever J and Changeman are those rare occasions where they used a different color for yellow (orange, white).

A three man team is different, as they so far used red/blue/yellow. JAKQ was the only Sentai series so far to be a four person team, red/green/blue/pink. I like to think of blue as being blue, while sort of filling in for the absent pink but not really, while I like to think of yellow being yellow and filling in for the absent green but not really.

Now I am not saying that Geki Blue is Geki Pink and Geki Yellow is Geki Green, I am saying that I like to view blue as sort of filling in for the absent pink and yellow filling in for the absent green while being their true respective colors and roles.

Green Sai and Black Bison were most likely added because they wanted to try putting in additional heroes. Liveman came after the series that first tried out the sixth ranger gimmick even if he was just a one shot (I know those two are far from a true sixth ranger). That or they wanted to start off the team with three and have two show up later. Or a combination of both, have it a three man team like Sun Vulcan, and have two additional members, meaning that in the end it's five heroes.

Hum well, tvtrope says it was to give a boost to sales and introduce a new robot.
The author ontvtrope says "its incredible to think that this was not expected from the beggining as the two bots perfectly combine.

But on the other hand some people think this was pllaned right from the beginning.

Those two new characters were away to add episodes(junichi and ruby club,tesyua and his robot,etc) and if you look well, soon after Villains get upgrades, so i think they wanterd to add depth to the show.

Liveman is for me one of the best sentais, even if i find sometimes there were too much "randoms monsters of the week".But at the same time i like this because is a very repsentative of classic sentai content.

And i must say on apure tactic point of view this add balance.

You have moments in liveman, where the 3 heroes both fight Mazenda,Kemp and Ashura, they are clearly outnumbered and yet they can use the biomotionbuster without being interrupted by their enemies(i know we must not think in terms of realism but yet).

Hum well, tvtrope says it was to give a boost to sales and introduce a new robot.
The author ontvtrope says "its incredible to think that this was not expected from the beggining as the two bots perfectly combine.

But on the other hand some people think this was pllaned right from the beginning.

Those two new characters were away to add episodes(junichi and ruby club,tesyua and his robot,etc) and if you look well, soon after Villains get upgrades, so i think they wanterd to add depth to the show.

Liveman is for me one of the best sentais, even if i find sometimes there were too much "randoms monsters of the week".But at the same time i like this because is a very repsentative of classic sentai content.

And i must say on apure tactic point of view this add balance.

You have moments in liveman, where the 3 heroes both fight Mazenda,Kemp and Ashura, they are clearly outnumbered and yet they can use the biomotionbuster without being interrupted by their enemies(i know we must not think in terms of realism but yet).

Green Sai and Black Bison if I remember correctly were the first ones to be made, or was it their two machines? Anyways, those two are like the main three's long lost twin brother.

In Gokaiger, Gokai Green transforms into Green Sai and Gokai Pink transforms into Black Bison, yet in Hurricanger Gokai Green transforms into Kabuto Raiger (Black Bison's counterpart), and Gokai Pink transforms into Kuwagata Raiger (Green Sai's counterpart).

The storyline says aikawa junichi and Tetsuya Yano had their machines plans made by their respective brother and sister; Aikawa Mari and Takuji Yano.

We could wonder why those two began making mechas when there was no threat, maybe they had a feeling about this.Or that they understood kenji go and Senda had problems in their lives and could bask into the darkness.

Yet, although being made, and although they were helped bo other students at academia(idest after Kemp and others left, but before Volt raid), the two mechas were only totally completed at episode 30 of the sentai.

The strange point is when they got their braces, which are just "cloned" from the livemen, and the suits pop like this without rerason, and with the image of animals on them.

Yet there can still be a way to make all this logic, is to assume Yuusuke is very skilled and finds time to make the suits quickly, and to create the weapons.
After all, first three students are from a famous academy of geniuses.

^ I assumed the Choujuu and LiveBoxer mechas were meant to be just general projects for Academia but then got reformatted to fight Volt when the threat arose. As for the Twin Brace question, maybe Dr. Hoshi decided to keep the Black and Green ones aside since it was only Yuusuke, Jou and Megumi who saw Mari and Takuji killed and the Doctor trio escape.

Green Rangers tend to be the eccentric one (MagiGreen, GingaGreen, DekaGreen, GokaiGreen) or to be young and naive (Midoranger, TimeGreen, Go-on Green, Green Sai, ShinkenGreen.)

How was Hayate eccentric, other than possibly his fear of tomatoes (which I still don't get)?

In Changeman, Sayaka was more like a stereotypical Pink and Mai more like a tomboyish Yellow, they just used a different colour combination.

I really can't think of any 80s Pinks or Whites (at least from Changeman onward) that acted like the "stereotype" of more recent shows. And moving beyond the 80s, what was tomboyish about Remi and Juri?

Here is a bunch of liveman advertisings, that show henshin braces too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2FLEpXBft8&feature=related"]????????? ??CM? - YouTube[/ame]