Why I don't like Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger / Sentai Anymore

Hmmm... I remember that the suits actually affected their fighting skills, for one, some suits grant them the ability to fly, while others grant them extra speed and ability to do extra stunts. I forgot what episode, but I remember Luka Gokaichanging into a Sentai (I forgot what), which gave her the ability to do numerous front-flips... And it's not like we always see Luka fight like that.
I think you're referring to episode 6, where she turned into VulPanther from Sun Vulcan.
 
Couldn't agree with you more Black, even though I'm still enjoying Gokaiger

There's far more bland sentai then good ones these days and honestly, that's a shame considering the show's legacy

The only RECENT sentai shows that I've been able to get into is Gekiranger and Abaranger

And while I'm aware that Sentai is aimed at a MUCH younger audience than Kamen Rider, I certainly think the two production teams could learn something
from one another

The main problem is I think is that the series is starting to show it's age while Kamen Rider is still moderately fresh and teeming with new and wonderful possibilities

After the next Sentai series, maybe it would be beneficial for the show for it to take a well deserved break and maybe allow to Toei a chance to create a new series to entice the wee kiddies to foce their parents to buy them toys
 
And while I'm aware that Sentai is aimed at a MUCH younger audience than Kamen Rider
I...don't quite think that's true. They're both aimed at kids and try to make them bug their parents to buy toys for them. Kamen Rider just tends to, for some reason, be able to provide a sense of depth and gravity to its stories that Sentai often doesn't. Though I've always wondered why that is, would be interesting to see Sentai take that sort of approach that Kamen Rider is in.
 
I...don't quite think that's true. They're both aimed at kids and try to make them bug their parents to buy toys for them.

Well, with a lot of the recent Sentai, it's really hard not to draw that sort of conclusion

I've always seen Sentai for 5-8 years olds and Kamen Rider for 8-12

Kamen Rider just tends to, for some reason, be able to provide a sense of depth and gravity to its stories that Sentai often doesn't. Though I've always wondered why that is, would be interesting to see Sentai take that sort of approach that Kamen Rider is in.

Like I stated in my previous post, the production teams shouldn't be confined to their own individual series (Toei should have broken down those walls years ago), the current producer of Kamen Rider and Sentai should have bi-weekly mini-chats to discuss what's going on in the show currently, pitch ideas to one another and see how it sits

Gokaiger, as of right now (in my book at least), is doing nothing but good

But reflecting on Goseiger's past mistakes, I wonder how long we can keep being entertained by the shiny red felt veil over our eyes before we finally have it lifted to see it for what it truely is......
 
I'm still a bigger fan of Super Sentai than Kamen Rider, but I do think that ever since Decade (where Shinkenger by comparison was alot better), Kamen Rider has been churning out one good series after another, whereas Super Sentai's record has been spotty at best. Recently when I was checking out what sentai series to watch next, I watched several of them (first few eps anyway) before I finally settled on Magiranger, which like Dekaranger I enjoyed immensely. But, I couldn't do likewise for Gekiranger and Goseiger.

Gokaiger started off amazing but it has its ups-and-downs, and a weak faction for villain (Zangyack), although recently it has gotten better again. I hope Gokaiger's second half will fulfill its potential, because I think it can certainly become one of the best series if the writing does pick up.
 
I...don't quite think that's true. They're both aimed at kids and try to make them bug their parents to buy toys for them. Kamen Rider just tends to, for some reason, be able to provide a sense of depth and gravity to its stories that Sentai often doesn't. Though I've always wondered why that is, would be interesting to see Sentai take that sort of approach that Kamen Rider is in.

Because that is pretty much your personal feelings. I for one do not think the entirety of the Kamen Rider Franchise has more depth and gravity. There have been dramatic sentai's and dramatic KR series. There have also been comedies of both.

Sentai has taken that approach. Changeman, JAKQ, and Jetman come to mind.


this is why I hate boukenger


You hate a series because of a girl in pigtails? Wow.. Kinda shallow eh?
 
I wonder how long we can keep being entertained by the shiny red felt veil over our eyes before we finally have it lifted to see it for what it truely is......
And what exactly is it, truly?

There is nothing wrong with the series.
You just grew out of it.
 
Because that is pretty much your personal feelings. I for one do not think the entirety of the Kamen Rider Franchise has more depth and gravity. There have been dramatic sentai's and dramatic KR series. There have also been comedies of both.
Was mostly referring to the Heisei stuff. When you compare Sentai of the last ten years to Rider of the last ten years, the production of Kamen Rider often has a much more "dramatic" feel to it, like the crew is trying to portray it as some sort of soap, having comedy doesn't quite negate that.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top