(Where Wraithstrike Watches) The Toku Thread

Jetman Episode 8: Laughing Diamond


I like Kaori's desperation tactic here, but the whole episode just feels like filler. And for God's sake, Jetman! You just had trouble with a Jigen that reflects your laser blasts. A diamond is prismatic. It's not just going to reflect the shots, it will refract them all over the place.
 
Jetman Episodes 9-11: Muddy Love, Cup Noodles and Dangerous Game



I adored episode 9. It was a glorious piece of character development for Raita. Yeah, it was a cosplay episode, but I thought it was hilarious how dated Tran's ideas of human fashion were. But the sniper outfit was hot.

Episode 10 made me wonder if I was high. I had to do a quick edit of that section of the review as I remembered that in Japan, Ramen comes freshly made in huge bowls. Only in america do we call the instant cups ramen.

Episode 11 was well played. There are deeper facets to their personalities they haven't explored.
 
I mentioned before that I had my own theory regarding Gai Yuuki, and episode 11 was the source of that theory; basically, his entire bad boy persona is an act, none of it is genuine or real at all. He commits to it because like Raita this is his notion of masculinity, hence the aggressive and belligerent behavior on his part. This doesn't excuse the things he does, it merely puts it all in a context that I can deal with.

Personally though, I liked the ramen cup episode. For me, it was the good kind of ridiculous wacky.
 
For me, Tran talking about "humans wanting everything right then." rings hollow, because only Grey seems willing to wait to unleash Jigen.
 
I liked the episode because it was such a strange set-up for a Sentai episode. And also because of Pink Flash.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…