IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!!!
I do. I was first interested in it for the anime and video games, but when I actually watched it for the first time, I became interested in it for a different reason: TOM. He's sexy. (Am I the only one here who has a crush on TOM?)

Currently, they're showing Dragon Ball Z Kai (which I am a fan of), Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans (a Super Robot show!), Hunter x Hunter (I've only seen the first episode during a marathon), One Punch Man (their newest addition, and I dub it "Marty Stu Man"), Naruto: Shippuden (I remember watching it on Disney XD), One Piece (I haven't followed the show but I've read some of the manga), and Parasyte -the maxim- (I haven't seen it yet).

Someday they should re-air Tenchi Muyo!, Astro Boy (don't care which one it is), Ronin Warriors, YuYu Hakusho, and Sailor Moon, among others...

Have you seen Toonami before?

Hey there! Old school Toonami fan here. I supported the Toonami relaunch since Day 1, and I still do! :D

Never watched One Punch Man before. Was waiting for the dub, but Toonami surprised me when they started airing it. I really hope they give us Sailor Moon Crystal some day.

Old shows? Yeah, sorry, but that's not going to happen any time soon. Outside of a few understandable exceptions, Toonami wants to stick to the shows that are relatively recent. That seems to be the trend. They aren't trying to give us the old Toonami for teenagers only, they are trying to give us a new Toonami that even adult fans can enjoy. The spirit of the original is still there, but they don't want to be completely stuck in the past.

don't know if anyone here cares but toonami is doing a one punch man marathon of the first seven episodes this saturday for labor day

They've done marathons like that before. It's kind of annoying. Sure, it helps people who are new and didn't know the shows were on TV until it was too late, but I'd rather they fill in that slot with an anime movie or something. There are plenty that their audience hasn't seen yet and would love to see, like Battle of Gods and Resurrection F.

^
They're doing a marathon for JoJo.

I really wish Adult Swim and its staff took over Cartoon Network completely. Keep some of the best shows there, bring Toonami on during the day so they can get more kid-friendly titles while making Steven Universe a part of it. And then at night, Adult Swim proper and Late Flight Toonami have the more adult shows.Let shows phase out by their own and bring in some new heavy hitters.

At last Super's airing at 8 and 12.

We're lucky we've got what we got. Underpaid, barely supported, the staff is doing everything in their power just to keep Toonami going on Saturdays. Maybe if they could open things up to more crowd funding, things would be better...

They also announced on their official Tumblr page that they got the rights to DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters. Not sure why they aren't advertising it as much as Super... Oh well. Pleasant surprise for all the faithful followers.

EDIT: And strike that! Wouldn't you know, the day after I post this, Toonami starts airing a commercial for The Final Chapters after all.

Last edited:
I'm glad that Toonami is still on TV since I don't always follow the current anime. Look forward to the newest Gundam show on tonight.

I'm glad that Toonami is still on TV since I don't always follow the current anime. Look forward to the newest Gundam show on tonight.
Same here. I can't really follow all of the latest ones and honestly, I've given up on Naruto and One Piece because I'll never catch up to those.

On the same note. I hope Sunrise eventually adapts Crossbone Gundam. It's my favorite Gundam manga and it boggles me they never did that one even today with all the UC rehashes out now.