Where are all the hardcore Kung Fu fans?

Japanfan4ever

Sometimes things get complicated.
Lately I've been posting threads related to Kung Fu cinema, and they last for a couple days and die off again. I'm wondering where all the hardcore Kung Fu cinema fans are.

Back in the day, they were all over this forum. Now it seems like I have to go to KungFuCinema.com for all the real fans! :disappoin I thought maybe this thread would bring them out of the woodwork. So, any takers?
 
Last edited:
Ive been busy so I havent been able to reply. Plus, sadly, I havent seen many Shaw Brothers films.
 
BTW, I've seen one of Shaw Brothers films... it's called Super Inframan. :) It was AWESOME. LOVED IT.
 
It was definitely an insane film. The action in that and bad guys were really over-the-top. Great Shaw Bros. film, most because they went way out of their comfort zone with that one! But they made it solely because of how big the Ultraman craze was getting, even in China. They wanted to bank in on it. :sweat:

Plus, sadly, I havent seen many Shaw Brothers films.

But you're still a big fan of the genre, right? I've personally seen dozens of Shaw Bros. film, but they're really not my thing. I like Yuen Woo-Ping directed Kung Fu films and Jackie Chan comedies the most. So by all means, if you're a fan then participate in the two other newer threads I started a couple days ago. You too, ForeverRed. They're all in this sub-forum. Check them out, please!

I've been trying dearly this past week, to get people here talking about Kung Fu cinema. I can always just go to the KungFuCinema.com forums, but I like the active community here so much more. That's why I never visit them nearly as much.
 
OO!!! OO!!! PICK ME!!! PICK ME!!! I LOVE KUNG FU CINEMA!!! ITS AMAZING!!!! If you haven't seen that many Shaw films...just ask and I can send you or anybody a list of HIGHLY recommended films. They were definitely a landmark in the genre. Yuen also did the same with wire fu, but unlike Japanfan4ever, I prefer Shaws to the new wave. However, I still like a lot of Jackies old movies. Some I would recommend people seeing are Snake in the Eagles Shadow, Shaolin Wooden Men, Drunken Master 1 and 2 and Spiritual Kung Fu. I am trying to find other ones.
 
Yuen also did the same with wire fu, but unlike Japanfan4ever, I prefer Shaws to the new wave.

Now, I never ever ever ever said that. So you can stop that right there :170: I love all genres of Kung Fu, but classic films are actually my favorties!

I'm just not as big a fan of Shaw Bros. stuffy acting and overly produced plots, as much as I like Golden Harvest's comedies like The Prodigal Son or The Young Master! I own several Shaw Bros. films like 36th Chamber of Shaolin and Legendary Weapons of China, but I just don't get into them the same way. :disappoin I still love them more than any crap released nowadays.
 
Hahahahahaha...sorry sorry sorry :anime: I understand. Different strokes for different folks. I haven't seen the Young Master or the Prodigal Son. How are they?

What can I say...when I see my style in use...I go...:over9000:
 
Hahahahahaha...sorry sorry sorry :anime: I understand. Different strokes for different folks. I haven't seen the Young Master or the Prodigal Son. How are they?

They're very funny. And both of them are perfect examples of ways to watch Jackie Chan and Yuen Biao in their prime :169: They were so outta control. In both those films, they were fresh to stardome, and you can tell. Everything about those films is groundbreaking for their time. And Prodigal Son was choreographed/directed by Sammo Hung, so you know the fighting is gonna be impressive.

Just in The Young Master, according to several sources, Jackie Chan holds the record for most takes in a single scene. He did 329 takes for one particular fan-fighting :O_O: He hold the guinness record for that, in fact.
 
Hahahahahaha...sorry sorry sorry :anime: I understand. Different strokes for different folks. I haven't seen the Young Master or the Prodigal Son. How are they?

What can I say...when I see my style in use...I go...:over9000:

Are you serious?! Oh man, The Young Master and The Prodigal Son were both hilarious! I loved both and classic.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top