Where are all the hardcore Kung Fu fans?

And about those releases: Don't buy the bootleg PanMedia copies. They're usually about the same price, have really corny packages, and are totally illegal. They sell them at most FYEs nonetheless. It's really upsetting and a big deal in the MA film community. You gotta stray away from those.

The legitimate releases usually have great special features too! This explains which companies are releasing them, and the ones to stray from. It lists them all and the great remastered copies to look for.

http://www.hkcinema.co.uk/Articles/Shaw Brothers Buying Guide.html
 
Oh, i make a point to get the official releases whenever I can find it. I hate getting bootleg or horrible editions. Takes away from the experience.
 
There's a lot of companies that are packaging the really nice Celestial/IVL releases and selling them. The packages look pretty hideous, but are actually really nice prints. They put the original English dubs, so they don't seem like the same releases. You can even find two of the same movies at FYE's, like one legitimate copy of Challenge of the Masters with special features, and a bare-bones one from the bootleg company PanMedia! Both the same price. They're the same print/film, but one has paid Celestial/IVL for rights to it, the other fucks, haven't. They're lyin bastards! Honestly though, read it. Everyone into MA films should.

http://hkfilmnews.blogspot.com/2007/03/when-bootlegs-attack-red-sun-dvds-in_05.html

The one on the left is the bootleg I saw at FYE, and the one on right is the legitimate copy that was also there, that I own, from Tokyo Shock.

image-29AE_4B572148.jpg
image-1CF8_4B572148.jpg
 
Last edited:
Challenge of the master is really good. I guess anything with Gordon Liu is good

I am a big fan.

Him, David Chiang and Ti Lung are my favorites.

5 Shaolin masters are also good. I need to see my collection and see what else are good.

BTW I am a big fan of classic kungfu movies. Glad I find this thread. Count me in
 
That's great. We need all the talk-up we can get. And yeah, it's a very good film. We'd actually covered the film in the Shaw Bros. thread that's also in this sub-forum, but yeah it's not your typical Kung Fu revenge film. It has a lot of conscious and a lot of philosophy, epecially from Chen Kuan Tai as Won Fei Hung's master. But Gordon Liu fights Lau Kar Leung, so by default you're guaranteed great fight choreography and action.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top