What's with the hate of Kamen Rider Wizard?

I caught up on wizard, didn't watch for a while. The series has redeemed itself with me in de last three episodes. It has't been this good in a while. And for the first time in many episides, the characters are portraied as capable. Shunpei is usefull and makes a good assistant, Rinko is shown a capable police officer, Haruto is given flaws and some more backstory.

WHERE THE F WAS ALL THIS TWENTY EPISODES AGO!?!?
 
Even with the way the most recent episode ended, I couldn't bring myself to care, at all. It's supposed to be something big and game changing, but I as I watched the episode, I realized that I had literally no reaction to it at all. It's a rare thing that a series does this to me
 
Even with the way the most recent episode ended, I couldn't bring myself to care, at all. It's supposed to be something big and game changing, but I as I watched the episode, I realized that I had literally no reaction to it at all. It's a rare thing that a series does this to me

It's the same for me. I like a lot of series that others write off as "bland" - if I find something cute or charming or entertaining, I will generally like the show. I also don't like the "bawww, the writers aren't making me CARE!!!11" mentality and think if I'm watching it I should at least pay attention and try to involve myself with it. But with Wizard, I just can't get into anything. I don't know why.
 
I caught up on wizard, didn't watch for a while. The series has redeemed itself with me in de last three episodes. It has't been this good in a while. And for the first time in many episides, the characters are portraied as capable. Shunpei is usefull and makes a good assistant, Rinko is shown a capable police officer, Haruto is given flaws and some more backstory.

WHERE THE F WAS ALL THIS TWENTY EPISODES AGO!?!?

Buried under the spotlights of unlikeable Gates we could give less **** about.

It's actually funny, the toy aspect of the show really doesnt hurt it, I find personally. It doesnt get as in your face as OOO's or Fourze's did. It's just too bad that the screentime they saved from showcasing the toys was wasted instead on a spineless fatass w a bird, an unbearable whining housewife, a greedy thieving archaeologist, a weak pianist, and that cringeworthy "friend" of Nitou.

Kill off all those guys, and we'd have a decent 1/2 of the series right now.
 
Buried under the spotlights of unlikeable Gates we could give less **** about.

It's actually funny, the toy aspect of the show really doesnt hurt it, I find personally. It doesnt get as in your face as OOO's or Fourze's did. It's just too bad that the screentime they saved from showcasing the toys was wasted instead on a spineless fatass w a bird, an unbearable whining housewife, a greedy thieving archaeologist, a weak pianist, and that cringeworthy "friend" of Nitou.

Kill off all those guys, and we'd have a decent 1/2 of the series right now.
I actually thought the medals were pretty well done. They were worked into the plot seamlessly and didn't feel "in your face" at all - they were plot trinkets, but not any moreso than, well, any plot trinket, like dragonballs. At least, that's how I felt. The memories were similar like that, and even the rings.

Compared to, say, switches, which just ate up like half the show being "made" and "discovered" and all of that, only to get mostly ignored during the second half...

But either way, to your other comment, once again, it just gets back to that beloved victim of the week formula. Hopefully Gaim will rid us of it once and for all.
 
I'm quite weary of 2-parters now (i'm sure i'll be eating my words when Gaim does the same thing) and while I have enjoyed each episode well enough, it seems to have been lacking a sense of urgency or tension to get me hooked week after week. The impression I get is that the beginning and ending were plotted out and then everything in between has been filler, whereas previous entrees would have important story/character beats at several points over the course of the series. Wizard has made earnest but plodding attempts, again limited by the 2-parter structure or at least allowing itself to be.

I am optimistic for Gaim though since I've followed its writer Urobuchi's forays into anime over the past years and he's been willing to explore interesting thematic territory. While it will be for kids I hope he won't shy away from pushing boundaries.
 
Even with the way the most recent episode ended, I couldn't bring myself to care, at all. It's supposed to be something big and game changing, but I as I watched the episode, I realized that I had literally no reaction to it at all. It's a rare thing that a series does this to me

it doesnt help the game changing was so predictable and Koyomi had barely any development at all through the series to make you care about her.
 
it doesnt help the game changing was so predictable and Koyomi had barely any development at all through the series to make you care about her.
I don't think it's even development that's so much the issue, but it's screentime. If she'd at least BEEN THERE, even if she hadn't developed much, it might have more of an impact.
 
I'm sad to hear it didn't turn out well. I didn't get to view past episode 15 yet, but I was hoping that the show would end up being amazing, which it seemed like it was paving to be.
 
Even with the way the most recent episode ended, I couldn't bring myself to care, at all. It's supposed to be something big and game changing, but I as I watched the episode, I realized that I had literally no reaction to it at all. It's a rare thing that a series does this to me

This was my same reaction. I also don't see what people are finding so good about these final episodes.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top