What if Sho Aikawa stayed for Decade for the whole time?

Ryuutaros

"Training."
What if they original writer stayed for the whole time? You know the one who wrote pretty good mini-stories for the Heisei Rider world episodes except for Blade, Hibiki and Kabuto and the one that seems to know what Decade story should be and the one that actually uses Yuusuke's and Tsukasa's friendship as sort of a side plot and builds off that. (Which was clearly forgotten by the other writers

Would Decade have turned out differently?
 
I never know whats going on with the writers or what not. But from what your telling me, it seems that he knew what he was doing. I don't know, maybe he could have went to other worlds such as X World to see Apollo Geists background, or other worlds.

These topics are tricky. We can all go on and say what could have happened if this guy stated on and what not, but truly we will never know. All will be speculation and oppinion. And makes me just think of the "What if..." scenario.

So IMO I think the show could have kept going.
 
Maybe...........but Aikawa didn't stay long enough to even see what he could have done after the Hibiki arc. That's really the true test right there.....'cause after the Hibiki arc is when the downhill slope for Decade begins.

I mean, Aikawa quit halfway like around the Den-O arc where we never heard from him again, which is where the show started to lose control (then again, evrytime Den-O appears....all rational control and thought is lost)
 
I think we'd have gotten a story that answered more basic questions and was video gamey in a good way instead of in a bad way. I don't know that it'd be a story that anyone would actually like better, but it would probably be more technically proficient.
 
Well, i think it probably would have been a bit better in that it would be more consistent, and the characters may have been used better. there probably would have been a better ending.
 
He'd probably have gone for some kind of bittersweet ending. That's how his two most his famous works ended (FMA, KR Blade).

But, especially considering FMA and what he wrote in his own episodes, if you disliked the more "meta" aspects of Decade, I think you'd still dislike it. FMA didn't have "meta" aspects, but, considering the way he wrote the explanation for equivalent exchange and the gate in his original script for the anime's ending, compared to the manga's explanation, and also considering his own first episodes in Decade, those nebulous concepts fit his style.

Anyway, I don't think he's that good. He wrote the horrible mystery (and general derailing) of the Ryuuki arc and he wrote the first arc that ignored Yuusuke almost completely (Faiz). Although, yes, the series probably would have worked much better with him as main writer.

Really, just letting anyone but Inoue write the Nega World arc probably would have helped the series a lot, considering how those two episodes completely failed to set up the 2nd half of the show (while the entire show was set up in a single episode previously).
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure either. I mean the first episode and the Kuuga arc were really strong. He managed to keep enough to the spirit of Kuuga to sell me on this whole alt. world thing but then the other worlds kinda got worse and worse as we went on.

Then again maybe if he had stayed, Narutaki wouldn't have become the most pointless character in the history of human fiction. :laugh:
 
FMA didn't have "meta" aspects, but, considering the way he wrote the explanation for equivalent exchange and the gate in his original script for the anime's ending, compared to the manga's explanation, and also considering his own first episodes in Decade, those nebulous concepts fit his style.

IIRC, the first anime series's explanation for equivalent exchange was not Sho Aikawa's idea but director Seiji Mizushima's, suggested at a meeting of all creative talents involved in the show. One of Mizushima's passions is working real-world history into his TV shows.

I think Aikawa's Decade would not be devoid of metafictional content, since Decade was never really devoid of it. The moment a crossover becomes totally self-aware the way Decade's was from its first episode, you're reminding the audience that the fourth wall exists.

Subsequent Aikawa episodes didn't really wallow in the metafictional concept, instead using it as a framework to work within. I suspect that Aikawa might have used metafictional means to explain why Tsukasa met alt-Riders instead of the known canon Riders, though.

Aikawa is generally a writer who likes to explain things and affects a clean, concrete style. I think his Decade plot would have been less insanely ambitious than Yonemura's, a loss in some ways, but it definitely would've been clearer about who Narutaki is, what Kivala really is, etc.

This is all pretty pointless speculation, though. No matter how well you think you know a writer's style, they can surprise you for reasons you never would've imagined. Or they can end up working under creative pressures that substantially change their approach.
 
IIRC, the first anime series's explanation for equivalent exchange was not Sho Aikawa's idea but director Seiji Mizushima's, suggested at a meeting of all creative talents involved in the show. One of Mizushima's passions is working real-world history into his TV shows.

I don't mean the part about crossing the gate, but the nebulous mechanics involved around it, especially regarding the flow of humans souls that is in the gate by itself, and supposedly was what really powered up alchemy, if I'm not misremembering those episodes. He never really explained the gate very well aside from some really vague scenes that basically showed those details, keeping it mostly as a mystery.
 
Last edited:
Aikawa is generally a writer who likes to explain things and affects a clean, concrete style. I think his Decade plot would have been less insanely ambitious than Yonemura's, a loss in some ways, but it definitely would've been clearer about who Narutaki is, what Kivala really is, etc.

This is all pretty pointless speculation, though. No matter how well you think you know a writer's style, they can surprise you for reasons you never would've imagined. Or they can end up working under creative pressures that substantially change their approach.

You see, I wasn't even familiar with Aikawa's writing style except for my previous experience with the episodes he did for Kamen Rider Blade.

If what you're saying is the case, I would have been at least satisfied that Aikawa "attempted" to maintain a coherent storyline rather than the bullshit Yonemura decide to produce with Inoue dropping his 2 cents in.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top