like they just used the armor warrior motif without the fruits, like Gaim with samurai, Baron with european knight, Ryugen with chinese soldier etc..
how do you think that would be like, or how would that work

Part of the appeal to me (no pun intended) is how Gaim has taken something that on the surface is just goofy (A hero who transforms by summoning an orange from the sky which then drops on his head and unfolds into armor. I liked Bananaman in The Dandy comic and the cartoon as a kid, but that was far from a serious superhero story!), and play it straight delivering something much darker than you'd expect.

It would be an easier sell to other people if the fruit thing was more downplayed, but like I say, part of the charm of the show.

Part of the appeal to me (no pun intended) is how Gaim has taken something that on the surface is just goofy (A hero who transforms by summoning an orange from the sky which then drops on his head and unfolds into armor. I liked Bananaman in The Dandy comic and the cartoon as a kid, but that was far from a serious superhero story!), and play it straight delivering something much darker than you'd expect.
My thoughts exactly.

Now, I might like Gaim without the fruit (in a world where I never knew it existed), but I don't think I would ever want it gone now that it's here.

I think it would be pretty cool

Like I have an idea, instead of fruits the forms are based on weapon names:

Orange arms=katana arms
pine arms=flail arms
ichigo arms=kunai arms
suika arms=odama arms

banana arms=lance arms
mango arms= mace arms

budou arms= gun arms
kiwi arms= spinning wheel arms

melon arms= shield arms

donguri arms = hammer arms etc

and for the new generation riders they are based on their motifs but like energy

melon energy arms = samurai energy arms

cherry energy arms = viking energy arms

lemon energy = knight energy arms

peach energy = arabian soldier arms

and the jimber arms could stay the same but the fruit thing would be omitted and maybe instead of jimber lemon, maybe jimber knight etc

Like I have an idea, instead of fruits the forms are based on weapon names:

Orange arms=katana arms
pine arms=flail arms
ichigo arms=kunai arms
suika arms=odama arms

banana arms=lance arms
mango arms= mace arms

budou arms= gun arms
kiwi arms= spinning wheel arms

melon arms= shield arms

donguri arms = hammer arms etc

and for the new generation riders they are based on their motifs but like energy

melon energy arms = samurai energy arms

cherry energy arms = viking energy arms

lemon energy = knight energy arms

peach energy = arabian soldier arms

and the jimber arms could stay the same but the fruit thing would be omitted and maybe instead of jimber lemon, maybe jimber knight etc

And would be horribly generic. I mean, some arms could do with less Fruit(Kiwi, why are you so terrible. I mean, I LIKE wind and fire wheels, how did you screw these up?) but most of them use them pretty well.

Professional Chef and Entertainer
i think one concept for gaim was for it to have a bird theme. if they went with a bird theme instead of fruit, i think we would've had lock eggs and i think the arms could have been eggs that hatch into into bird like armor.

R

raden238

If it didnt use the fruit motif, the henshin sequence would definitely be a lot more lack luster. That's really the main purpose of the fruits. The armor comes down from Helheim and forms the suit. If the armor weren't shaped like fruits or colored like them, it would be a lot more generic and bland. I think thats the biggest difference. It would also change the story too. So without it, I'd imagine it would be a Ryuki remake.

And would be horribly generic. I mean, some arms could do with less Fruit(Kiwi, why are you so terrible. I mean, I LIKE wind and fire wheels, how did you screw these up?) but most of them use them pretty well.

Yeah..those are terms that Saban would come up with

Nice try though

"Training."
i think one concept for gaim was for it to have a bird theme. if they went with a bird theme instead of fruit, i think we would've had lock eggs and i think the arms could have been eggs that hatch into into bird like armor.

I thought about this for a second and I had some really weird images in my head…

I think I prefer the fruits.

:laugh:

I mentioned a while back that a theme despite how silly can be fun, especially on how it's handled. Which is what we have with Gaim, since they worked the theme with the plot. For example, Yggdrasil is the name for the world tree in Norse mythology.