What games are you playing?

EileenCruz

Administrator
Staff member
I am currently making my way through Final Fantasy 15, because I never finished it the first time around. I had gotten to do some of the side quests, then dropped the game for something else and subsequently forgot how to play it. So, before I dive into the FF7 remake, I'm going to try and finish this.

@GWOtaku How about you?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
On the Horizon:

-Bloodstained (Playstation 4). The NOT CASTLEVANIA Metroidvania game everybody got hyped for last year. Quality 2D platformers are something I've enjoyed all along.

-Sakura Wars (2019, Playstation 4). Arguably the closest thing to a playable anime this year. You coach / befriend / date a team of women in alternate universe steampunk Japan to perform in theater productions as a team and spirit power-building exercise to slay demons from hell. The game's basically a soft reboot of the series that may keep going if SEGA is happy enough with how it goes.

Recently Played / Currently Playing

-Persona 5: The Royal (Playstation 4). A rework and expansion of the original, with more character stuff and too many quality-of-life gameplay changes to list. It's definitely the one to get, and the game remains enjoyable and even thought-provoking at times. The dungeon crawling and turn-based RPG battles share equally billing with the "social link" aspect and you guiding your protagonist through daily life, & what I call the "life simulator" aspect is very effective at making you care.

-Final Fantasy VII Remake. Currently on chapter 10, post Honeybee Inn. Parts of it drag a bit, mostly the ones where you navigate from one point to another. But the recreation and expansion of things is pretty enjoyable - excluding the side quests, which are fine but not anything out of the ordinary for the genre.

In 1990s RPG tradition there are little minigames, and they actually don't suck. Color me surprised
 
I'm interested in checking out Persona 5 down the road. It does look really good. There are some indie games coming up that I'm keeping an eye on too. Any of these grab your eye?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top