When you play games, this will surely gives you a great entertainment and it can take away your stress but can you make money by playing games? Based on my observation, there are people who sell their in-game items to earn some extra cash.

Yes, there are online games that allows you to sell virtual items online. Some of the games that allows you to have these kind of trade marketing are RAN online, DOTA, Entropia Universe and others. But, in order to get items that are worth buying you have to be a hard gamer coz' items are really hard to obtain. Some are quite legit but there are still scams going on in the gaming world. So, be careful.

I also did see these trading or selling of items and I have an experience on this one. It's really a great way to earn a money out of playing games, but if you're talking about a real job, I think there is a real job where you just need to play games and earn a decent cash. I think it's called "QA Tester?"(Quality Assurance Tester), where they test the games or play them before releasing to public. :D

This is a very interesting topic :) I earn a lot when playing online games. I hunt rare items, and sell it to other players to earn money. I also sell gold and I even pilot characters then the owner pay me.

I usually play games online but have never known that you can earn some cash out of it. I am finding some useful information here. I think Ih have to learn more about it and plan to engage into it.

You can check out the twitch channels and youtube channels and find out how they make money. Some make money through the donations. And some are through sponsorship. Initial one year is not going to make you any money. If there is a luck then yes otherwise it is not going to be that easy. But you can work harder and then see how the money flows.

In addition to what others have said, you can also sell weapon skins for CSGO (which almost everyone plays), sell Team Fortress 2 items (hats), and I believe you can also bet in some games ( though I personally don't recommend this, you can easily get scammed ). I guess there is also the option of becoming a "pro" gamer, and competing in tournaments in various e-sports games, or even some MMORPG's, but that is obviously considerably harder than the other options.

I just wanted to throw this out there that most people could probably make more money working at McDonald's then the money that you can make off of video games. If you're going to make money from gaming you need extreme gaming skills and a personality to go with it. Because you need to sell your self along with your gaming skills otherwise people are going to get bored and leave.

This is true. Working offline jobs has more money than the online jobs. Especially playing video games does not always results in the money. So we have to see that earning money is not that easy with games. PewDiePie is there because he is doing lot of things than gaming. So it works out for him.

I just wanted to throw this out there that most people could probably make more money working at McDonald's then the money that you can make off of video games. If you're going to make money from gaming you need extreme gaming skills and a personality to go with it. Because you need to sell your self along with your gaming skills otherwise people are going to get bored and leave.
It depends on where you live. If you live in a developing or a third world country, it could turn out to be quite profitable and better than a "real" job. The problem here is the amount of dedication, and sometimes luck, that is needed to make it work. Pro gamers spend up to 10 - 12 hours daily playing video games and that is just not healthy to say the least.