What does the fanbase in general think of Kamen Rider Faiz?

I agree with Hurricane: I liked the Orphenoch suits - and I appreciated the grey more than the painted glass suits from Kiva.

Otaku University Student
I have the exact opposite opinion. I've always loved the marble sort of look they have to them, and they've always been some of my favorite designs, at a time I even considered them the best and proof why color ISN'T necessary to have a good design. I love it when monster designs really follow a tight theme like that instead of being more loosely connected.

Agreed. If anything, the lack of color meant that, to make each suit unique, they had to put a ton of effort into the design and sculpting. As such, the monster designs are some of the most intricate and detailed.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I enjoyed Faiz, although I still have yet to finish it (I made it up to Swan girl being killed, but I never had the chance to finish)

It was never the designs. Honestly, most of the designs for everything in that show were so bland looking, I put off watching it at all for a really long time. The characters were, at the least, interesting. I generally liked them all at first, but there were so many, I lost track of most of them & there were a few that kind of just ran out of things to do towards the end & they began doing very odd, ridiculous or out of character things.

Plus, it was clear that the writer, while having a great idea to begin with, ran out of ideas very quickly. There is a saying among writers that the second act is where the story goes to die & that is kind of what Faiz did. It did get interesting towards the end, but things were rushed and poorly set up.

But, even though there are a lot of things wrong with it, a lot of the bad I didn't mind & it was fairly decent overall.

MV Maker
I guess I should probably add in my own thoughts at some point.

For me, Faiz came right up to the edge to being a soap opera, but it thankfully had a few things that kept me going. However, looking back, most of Faiz is good ideas with bad (or at least very dated) execution. The concept of having two groups of heroes was a neat one, but Kiba and company really only serve as an extra set of supporting characters (aside from Kiba playing hero a few times), and really, did we need TWO rivals for our main hero? Speaking of Takumi, I really like the idea of a hero who really isn't one, it kept things interesting, and Takumi himself seemed like a prototype for Tendo Souji, though that just made him seem all the more dated.
Speaking of jerk riders, I friggin' LOVE Kusaka. Don't get me wrong, he's an awful human being, and he completely deserved what he got. However, he was so sadistic and so over-the-top that he's just fun to watch. He's like the principal in Ferris Bueller, he's just fun to watch despite being a jerk. On the topic of main riders, I also really liked Delta. Before Mihara got the belt. Seriously, Kitazaki is, like Kusaka, so unforgiving that he's a lot of fun to watch. He's certainly more memorable that Mihara (seriously, why not just give the belt to Kiba. God knows he deserved it).
I should probably also mention the action. It's good. For the time, at least. I just wish they hadn't put most of the CG budget into the transformations. If they hadn't, Blaster form probably would've looked a lot better. Plus, kudos to Inoue for creating riders who I can easily see wanting to hit each other (even if he had to resort to that stupid "I'm gonna punch you out and refuse to explain myself so we can have a fight scene" thing). It is dated, but it's still enjoyable to watch (I refer you to Actar's post if you still don't believe me). I also really like the suits (though Faiz's helmet never grew on me), and I REALLY hope Toei takes another shot at the Cybernetic Rider thing at some point. And yes, the Auto Vajin is the best bike in Rider history.
Lastly, story. Like I said, Faiz's pacing could make it feel like a soap opera, but the interesting ideas and the main characters kept me satisfied until the fight at the end, but very little of it (aside from whatever Kusaka happened to be doing) was truly memorable. I don't care much for the ending, but I wasn't terribly invested in the story to begin with.
Overall, Faiz is undoubtedly a flawed series, but it's action and a few story elements kept me going until the very end. Not bad, but not one of my favorites.

My thoughts on Faiz are far less intense than my thoughts on Blade.

The Orphnochs are still, and will likely remain, my favourite Rider baddie group. The designs, the monochrome that still manages to make every line and detail pop, the sympathetic motivation (in the general sense, not the specific), the interior power struggle...love 'em.

Faiz's suit is also one of my all-time faves. And I don't mind Takumi as a main rider either. Plus there is no other Rider in the franchise with the same style of fighting as Faiz. It's the little gestures and stances that set him apart. The actor they got to play AR-Faiz in Decade didn't replicate it at all, and of all the things in Decade...I think that was the most disappointing for me.

That said, Faiz is a narrative hot mess. As others have said, "Soap Opera" is an apt description. The constant lack of communication, misunderstandings, racism, and all-around idiotic behavior of the characters in whatever contrived manner was needed to keep the drama going...was every kind of terrible. And don't get me started on the ending (it was a non-ending).

But you know what? I like it anyway. I said it. I liked Faiz anyway.

I admit to being heavily biased on this subject since Faiz was my first Rider series, and what ultimately got me into Kamen Rider. A friend had lent me a complete series DVD and I watched about three to five episodes a day. I was pretty young when I watched it, but I became really engrossed in the characters, the actions, the conflicts, the suits, and the humor. I also quite liked the Orphonoch designs and thought they were all pretty cool :thumbs:.

I really felt the poignant moments, became really attached to Takumi as the main Rider and Kiba as deuteragonist, and invested in seeing the pair's friendship and ultimate rivalry develop. I also enjoyed watching Kaido, crazy homeless man that he was :anime:.

And... well, Kusaka was Kusaka, and kinda colored my perception of second Riders for quite some time :sweat:.

Now, as I've watched more and have read more opinion on Faiz, I realize the flaws the series had that I glossed over while watching and how it certainly isn't an incredibly well-written series despite how much I enjoyed it. The final arc in particular was something I had issues with even when I first watched it. Even so, I appreciate it for it's role in my life and I still love many elements of the series. I think I'd still enjoy it even now if I were to rewatch it :).

It's one of my favs that I hold dear! But everybody has their favs and least favs. Also helps that it was the first one I saw!