What Does Henshin Justice Mean To You?

What does HJU mean to me? A dream come true.

Granted, I have had many spats and misunderstandings with a couple of HJU member in and out of the forums which, to this day, they still see me as a soulless dick even when I'm not trying to be one. But even then, if there wasn't a little conflict in a community, this wouldn't even be a community. A community is a group of individuals with both shared mindsets and varied mindsets. If everyone was singing the same tune, then it's not a community. HJU, to me, represents what a fangroup's supposed to be. For this, I thank you, HJU.

As for my history in HJU, well, it's not exactly extravagant. I was initially lurking around the forums for a few years, reading the scans and comments and seeing the rumors that dukemon would post. Eventually, as time went by, I decided not to screw around and be some lurker and start posting. Yeah I know. Not the best explanation. I suck balls with my words. This is also the main reason why I got into spats with HJU members.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that we all wanna meet that badass baldy, Keith Justice. Okay maybe not all. I know Masta is more interested in taking over HJU or replacing Keith with J. But we can all agree that most wanna meet Keith. Even I do. Man makes everything look oh so badass.
 
HJU? What does it mean to me? A LOT
It's the first forum where I had the opportunity to discuss about a hobby that has become important to me, and talk with fellow fans, with sometimes, interesting discussions.
But there is much more important; HJU is the place that allowed me to meet some great friends, people that brought a lot in my life. I would have been much more lonely than I am now, had it not been for joining HJU.
I hope that I myself brought something to HJU.
 
Well, I'm new, so what I say is hardly meaningful. But really, this place is just about the only place to talk about toku in the English-speaking internet. There are facebook groups, but Glam refuses to have a facebook account. There are little forums and blogs peppered about, but none of them have an even mildly active group of posters. So here I am, looking desperately for a place to talk about the things I enjoy watching. Because a fan without other fans to talk to is just a couch potato trapped in his own head with only a single source of thoughts to contemplate.

But the truth is, if there were anywhere else to go I'd probably be there. This place is missing crucial subforums and in possession of superfluous others. Considering both Sentai and Kamen Rider are practically institutions at this point, it's insane not to give them each a sub-forum. And there's no consideration made for people still viewing a particular series, it feels assumed that everyone is familiar with everything. Beyond that, I've faced hostility and harassment. It's been a typical internet experience. Not that much of it was unprovoked, but it hasn't been a welcoming experience in the slightest. However, in the end, I crave discussion. So here I'll stay.
 
HJU is a place where I reconnected with my childhood! I never knew KR and SS were big over here in America so talking to people about it was really cool! (I never was bullied or struggling through life in anyway, it was just cool to talk about stuff to people that we would ordinarily never talk about)

And plus, it's a damn pleasure to read posts from people like Lynxara, Mattcomix, Aoi, Bolt, Shougo etc. Some of them really know their stuff and it's caused me to take a more deeper and introspective look at the things I watch and read. It's heightened the enjoyment of some things for sure.
 
What does Justice mean to me?

Justice is family and learning that there will always be others that are like you that are into the same things, live the same types of lives and will accept you for who you are. Regardless of how geeky you are. I found Henshin Justice in 2008 thanks to Mike Dent's R5 podcast and discovered there was this whole geek family that I had never known. Always being the weird kid in school for liking Power Rangers, V.R. Troopers, Beetleborgs and the like, I felt ostricized until I turned 18 and found this rag tag group of justice seekers who believed in truth, justice, beer and the henshin-way.

For that, I can never offer enough thanks and I will forever love all of you. For great justice, I'll proudly fight for the U.S.S. Justice. Shishidan...HENSHIN!

Avery "Shishidan" Krushall
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…