DAIMON PAWNCH
If you think this shouldn't be here... that's fine, delete this thread without a second thought.

But until then

So this just kind of just crossed my mind... why don't we form out own little tokusatsu sub group.

When we start on this, we can move it to someplace else... like start a HJSubs on Tumblr or something.

As for a first show we should do, I have a suggestion. I found a torrent of episodes for this that I will be downloading and looking over

[hide]

Grsmn_Ttl_Crd.jpg

gridman.jpg

Denkou Choujin Gridman/Lightning Superhuman Gridman
Adapted into "Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad" in the states
[/hide]

It's only 39 episodes, will be pretty short to start off with.

anyone up for it?

as for the subs themselves. I figure just regular subtitles and translations would work

Last edited:
If you think this shouldn't be here... that's fine, delete this thread without a second thought.

But until then

So this just kind of just crossed my mind... why don't we form out own little tokusatsu sub group.

When we start on this, we can move it to someplace else... like start a HJSubs on Tumblr or something.

As for a first show we should do, I have a suggestion. I found a torrent of episodes for this that I will be downloading and looking over

[hide]

Grsmn_Ttl_Crd.jpg

gridman.jpg

Denkou Choujin Gridman/Lightning Superhuman Gridman
Adapted into "Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad" in the states
[/hide]

It's only 39 episodes, will be pretty short to start off with.

anyone up for it?

as for the subs themselves. I figure just regular subtitles and translations would work

Well, HJU is a forum. I don't think they want to release any fansubs with the HJU name on it.
Anyway, if you have a translator, timer, qcer. Go ahead and make your group, mate. I'm sure a lot of people would love to see Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad Gridman.

There's so many top notch Fansub badass groups that I don't think HJU needs to join.

We'd be a good place for those groups to find people though. Tom Constatine on our staff is a part of GUIS and I'm sure they could always use more help. :thumbs:

There's so many top notch Fansub badass groups that I don't think HJU needs to join.

Doesn't really matter how many groups there are. Many, many, MANY shows are left unsubbed! Until they're all subbed, Glamador says the more the merrier. He only wishes he knew some way to help the process along.

Shyni
Yeah, might be a better idea to help out an existing group instead of starting a new one. For one thing, there's some experience to be had working on an ongoing project before starting a new show.

Chief HJU News Editor
Pretty much what everyone else said in this thread.

The show that groups work on will always be determined by the translator; who also is the person that makes or breaks the group. Every other position can be easily filled, but there are only a few translators who are even interested in tokusatsu online. Recruiting new ones is sadly near impossible, unless you have a stroke of luck. I'd recommend inquiring to other groups to help them out.

As much as it can be enjoyable, it is hard work and takes a lot of dedication. We've had a huge staff turnover in the years we've been working and they've caused so many problems and holdups. So don't start and stop straight away, groups do rely heavily on individual staff. It's essentially why our Gokaiger sub died.

Speaking of a HJU fansub group, that's basically what Elite-Justice Fansubs was about 7 years. As much as I appreciate and would help a group formed from these forums, we'd prefer not to have our name attached as we're receiving a lot of contacts and dealings with the actual makers of these shows nowadays because HJU is the biggest western Toku fandom on the 'net and fansubbing is still piracy. Don't want to be burning any of those bridges.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
I know a handful of Japanese words, would a guess/joke-sub approach be alright with Allio? :p

Last edited:
Banned
Doesn't really matter how many groups there are. Many, many, MANY shows are left unsubbed! Until they're all subbed, Glamador says the more the merrier. He only wishes he knew some way to help the process along.

Timers are few and far between in most groups. It's a tedious job, not hard, just long. That is something I know most groups need.

DAIMON PAWNCH
I know a handful of Japanese words, would a guess/joke-sub approach be alright with Allio? :p

that will be fine... it could get us started. You know, just get the word out, and see if other groups/people would like to help. For something like that, just the opening should be fine.

Timers are few and far between in most groups. It's a tedious job, not hard, just long. That is something I know most groups need.

just a quick question, what is the program usually used for this job, I want to take a crack at it