Collectibles What Do You Collect?

I have had numerous collections over the years. It just depends on what I am into at the time. I have a collection of oven-baked clay figures I made myself. I also have a collection of shot glasses, coffee cups, shirts, and even soil samples of my last three vacations. Collecting can be expensive, or it can be free. The nice thing about it is that it can be very personally attuned to you!

I collect a few different things, I think my favorite collection is of old advertising art. I know who wants to collect ads right? It's just that some of them are actually so beautiful, at that time these pictures were hand drawn so they truly are one of a kind. Some pieces I have are original, some of them are reproduction. I don't mind that. I pick what to add to my collection because I like the way that it looks. There no science, just what I like.

I collect comic books, mainly Marvel and DC comics. I own comics from all time periods, both rare and common. I personally just like to read them and look at the art. :cool:

Postcards. It's the cheapest, and least space consuming souvenir. And because they are cheap people are willing to buy them for you. I have a wall that has a ton of postcards hung up on it. Usually captures people's attention.

I really love snapbacks hats (not ones with sports teams on them). I grown to love them so much that I've started a collection of sorts. I usually wear a hat whenever I go out (I feel pretty uncomfortable without one) and I LOVE having options as well but you can't start a collection of options.

I used to collect stamps and it is actually fun because you are recording the history!!
HOWEVER, no one is writing and sending letter anymore because everyone is using Facebook or email. Therefore, I am not collecting stamps anymore...

I collected a variety of things over the years. When I was 8 I used to collect seashells whenever I went to the beach. I was fascinated by the different patterns on the different shells and the bright colors, with my collection having over a hundred beautiful shells. Then, growing up, when I was 12 I would collect different countries' flag pins and from there my obsession with flag pins escalated to the point where I started collecting Olympics pins. I had flag pins for 118 different countries and I had lots of Olympics pins. Besides that, I also collect postcards from different countries and I just can't stop collecting postcards till the very moment. Postcards are so colorful and allow you to be in any amazing place in the world without having to actually be physically present there. They give you a piece from wherever they come and that is what I love about postcards and why I collect them.

I collect cups. Yup, cups! I've always loved them and I always have a special one I'm drinking out of. My favorit is one my mom got me when I was 18. It has Winnie the Pooh on it; I got it along with a drawing of the Pooh Man. She has a matching cup with Mickey Mouse. We got them at, you guessed it, Disney World, Downtown Disney to be exact. I generally get one wherever we go on Vacation or something. I drink cold stuff in them too.

C

CyberGal

I used to collect baseball cards when I was younger. I then started to collect angels until I ran out of room and had to stop collecting them. My daughter is into more "mundane" collections. She'll find a rock she finds fascinating and save it and she also likes to collect bottle caps. I guess there's really out there for everyone who's looking for something to collect.

It might be a little bit weird and childish and definitely not something a lot of people collect, but since I was born I've been collecting Disney snow globes! Most of them aren't worth much, but some of them are!