I bet no one will sub the show since toku subbers don't seem to care about Ultraman. OT drop Ginga after Episode 7.
If you read OverTime's last status update, it mentions that the person editing Ginga has had some IRL stuff that's kept them busy. It's not dropped.

But in general, yes, the small group of people behind the fansubs tend to find that Ultra doesn't really float their boat. There's a few people who've done some bits, or have at least mentioned floating the idea when new releases have come out, but for the most part Ultra hasn't appealed to the teams, and they (quite rightly) aren't going to spend their free time working on something that they don't even like watching. Having said that, I do wonder if it might become something they'd like more if the franchise did continue it's current uber-toyetic trajectory, bringing it more in line with what we tend to get from the other two members of the big three?

Harumph.
I don't think it's the lack of toyeticness that puts them off.

It's that there are a lot of people that see it as being the same thing over and over again.

Tokusatsu Geek
I find every episode to be different. There are times where someone turns into an Ultra twice in one episode. Like when Mebius fought Birdon. And not every Ultra had a partner. Plus, only two Ultra Hosts ever got married & started families.

Harumph.
It's not actually all the same, but it may seem that way from an outsider's perspective.

It's not actually all the same, but it may seem that way from an outsider's perspective.
You could say the same about Rider and Sentai though, and they always get subbed. To each their own of course. It took me quite a while to get used to the Ultra franchise too, with their less frantic pacing and the rather unique look the heroes share.

Tokusatsu Geek
A lot of people think Super Sentai & Kamen Rider are the same thing. I know some who actually think "Kamen Rider" is a team name.

Harumph.
You could say the same about Rider and Sentai though, and they always get subbed. To each their own of course. It took me quite a while to get used to the Ultra franchise too, with their less frantic pacing and the rather unique look the heroes share.

It isn't really my personal opinion, just something I've seen other people say. I don't really get it either.

A lot of people think Super Sentai & Kamen Rider are the same thing. I know some who actually think "Kamen Rider" is a team name.

The worst I've gotten is somebody saying Kamen Rider looks like Power Rangers. And that makes a bit of sense since they're likening it something similar they saw as a child.

Thinking "Kamen Rider" is a team name is a new one, though. :eyebrow:

Tokusatsu Geek
Thinking "Kamen Rider" is a team name is a new one, though. :eyebrow:

In the words of Naruto, Believe It! I think it stems from the fact that most Super Sentai don't have the plural versions of the team names in the title. As a result, "Kamen Rider" is a team name. Not trying to sound like a jerk.

I don't think it's the lack of toyeticness that puts them off.

It's that there are a lot of people that see it as being the same thing over and over again.

I agree with what you said. It is true that all Tokusatsu shows have a formula that they go by, but I've always felt that Ultraman shows have the "strictest" formula of the main three (KR,SS, and Ultra). I do enjoy watching Ultra shows from time to time but I can't watch them all back to back as I always feel that the setting is too similar. Currently, I'm watching Ginga and really enjoying it because I haven't watched an Ultra show since 2009 so I'm really "fresh". I look forward to Victory, I really hope the best for the Ultra franchise, I don't want it to go into a hiatus.

Harumph.
I agree with what you said. It is true that all Tokusatsu shows have a formula that they go by, but I've always felt that Ultraman shows have the "strictest" formula of the main three (KR,SS, and Ultra). I do enjoy watching Ultra shows from time to time but I can't watch them all back to back as I always feel that the setting is too similar. Currently, I'm watching Ginga and really enjoying it because I haven't watched an Ultra show since 2009 so I'm really "fresh". I look forward to Victory, I really hope the best for the Ultra franchise, I don't want it to go into a hiatus.

Honestly, I feel that watching anything back to back is a surefire way to burn yourself out on it.