Harumph.
I know at this point elbowing in a gimmick for toys is inevitable. I don't have to like it, though!

Time travel could be fun, but that could also get expensive very easily. Especially if they try to recreate foreign locations.

They could go back in time similar how Den-O did by going back in time in a modern time period. Den-O rarely went back in time before the year 2005.

Harumph.
Den-O at least had enough sense to travel back to different periods in Japanese history, even if it was just for movies.

With an Ultraman series, either way they'd have to build miniatures. I see this as a way to spice it up a bit. Cuz, honestly, time travel gets boring pretty quickly if you just limit yourself to within the past five years.

Go Big or Go Extinct

The second image is a screenshot of the trademark registration, it's definitely real.

As for the ratings, you need a bit of context there. Ultraman Ginga aired in the same time slot as Ultraman Retsuden, which is basically just reairings of old episodes, so its ratings have always been low. Ginga wasn't likely to do much better.

Financially speaking, last year was the best Ultraman has had as a franchise in quite some time. Granted, this is still nowhere near Sentai or Rider, but it saw a marked improvement.

While I'm glad to hear that things improved, it's still nowhere near the glory days of the mid-'90's, when Tiga, Dyna, and Gaia were being professionally produced and shown.

Now that Tsuburaya has a major company behind it, it's time to get serious and produce a good 50 episode Ultraman series.

Because, otherwise, I fear that time is swiftly running out ...

Harumph.
While I'm glad to hear that things improved, it's still nowhere near the glory days of the mid-'90's, when Tiga, Dyna, and Gaia were being professionally produced and shown.

Now that Tsuburaya has a major company behind it, it's time to get serious and produce a good 50 episode Ultraman series.

Because, otherwise, I fear that time is swiftly running out ...

I think it's unrealistic to expect them to bounce back so quickly. They're wisely taking baby steps until they can afford to make a series without putting themselves out of business.

And yeah, what Daikamonohashi said. Bandai's had shares in TPC for a while now.

Professional Chef and Entertainer
I would imagine that they will use a gimmick for the show since gimmicks help sell toys. I still think a time travel Ultraman theme show would be cool to see.

Mebius had the Maquette Monster pods, and Ginga had the Spark Dolls, so i think they will include a gimmick for the Victory toyline somehow.

Mad Skillz
Mebius had the Maquette Monster pods, and Ginga had the Spark Dolls, so i think they will include a gimmick for the Victory toyline somehow.

The Maquette Monsters weren't front and center as a collectable though. They were items the team occasionally used to help them out in battle. Doing that with a modern mindset would mean countless pods for monsters, used every episodes, and probably central to the hero himself.

I probably would have liked the Ginga idea better if the collectable hadn't literally just been an action figure. It screamed me that Bandai was trying to get rid of overstock by stamping their feet with something the Ginga Spark can read. The execution in the series was just so...boring as well, no real pomp to it like the Ranger Keys or Rider items. They never felt like they belonged in the series because they were literally just toys, not even an attempt to make them look like statues or something a little more grand. Personally, I always wanted to see the Ultra Egg stuff in a series. I'm sure the Egg Scanner gun would have sold better than the Ginga Spark with better promotion, if at least for being a much more creative design that still represents Ultraman well.

Last edited:
I bet no one will sub the show since toku subbers don't seem to care about Ultraman. OT drop Ginga after Episode 7.