Ultraman Ginga: New Ultraman Retsuden - Pre-Discussion

"Thousands of years ago"? I guess that confirms that Ginga doesn't take place in the main universe, or any previous continuity.

I wonder if we'll see any more Taro villains besides Balkie (or however you spell it).
 
I don't dig Ginga's design and the whole concept but I'm going to watch it just because I'm a big fanboy of Taro.:laugh:

Taro ftw my friend!! :castlerock:


Him and Seven have always been two of my favorite Ultras. This new snot nosed punk Zero has nothing on his father and Taro in my book.
 
String Ultraman?

The plot:

bhxf1c.jpg

Thousands years ago, a mysterious someone had turned all Ultra biengs, aliens, and monsters into Spark Dolls using a device called Darkness Spark.


177c6a.jpg

Today, high school student Hikaru came back to the village where he was born and he found out his grandpa's shrine was destroyed by a sudden fire. However, the Shintai was saved and moved to an abandoned school. Hikaru decided to squat in the school to continue take care of the Shintai for his grandpa. One day, Hikaru meets a talking doll named Ultraman Taro. It told Hiakaru that he is the "selected one."

There were countless Spark Doll hidden in the village and they're now being awaken by the Galaxy Spark which was being worshiped as the Shintai cared by Hiraku.


1z3b6gz.jpg

Taro is the only Spark Doll that has self-conscious and can act on his own will. He serves as Hikaru's mentor and the narrator of the story.
(It's Taro's 40th anniversary btw.)


2wh06xe.jpg

Alien Baruki acts as an agent of the mysterious someone. He hands the Darkness Dummy Spark and Spark Dolls to individuals who have a corrupted mind.




In conculusion, this is Tsuburaya's take on string Ultraman, Gokaiser, and Shounen Manga all together.:laugh:

What is "Shounen Manga", and "String Ultraman"?
 
I think he meant "stringing together". "Shounen manga" refers to manga targeted at preteen-teenage males. That one you could've just looked up on Google or something, ya know.

Also, you can edit the parts inside the quote box instead of including the entirety of a large post there.
 
Last edited:
Too bad Hikaru and co. aren't part of special force like most of Ultraman series.
They can be high school student who secretly special force.
Basically "Kamen Rider Club" with aircrafts.
 
Well I like that they are doing something different with Ginga, instead of what you normally see in an Ultra Series. Hopefully they would continue trying diffrent ideas down the road.
 
Too bad Hikaru and co. aren't part of special force like most of Ultraman series.
They can be high school student who secretly special force.
Basically "Kamen Rider Club" with aircrafts.

I'm still surprised that there *isn't* a special secret (or not, as the case may be) task force, especially considering that Hasegawa is writing the series. :eyebrow:
 
How does the specific writer make the lack of a defense team any especially weird? I'm pretty sure every Ultraman TV series before this had a defense team, regardless of the writer. (the Ultra Qs and Ultra Fights don't really count)

Anyway, new poster? What the hell is Kemur doing there?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top