Uchuu Keiji Gavan THE MOVIE - 10/20 2012

I wonder why they'd just replace Ohba as Gavan though. I understand the age matter, but that's not the main problem here. It's not, "why they don't want Ohba as the lead", it's "Why must they keep the Gavan suit for the lead?" This seems to be suggesting that they'll remove the original actor but keep the spotlight on the same suit (alongside the two other sheriffs apparently).

Wouldn't it make more sense and avoid backlash to just create a fourth Space Sheriff and keep the original Gavan as a supporting character? If the rumor is true, and considering the toy list with the other two classic space sheriffs, it doesn't look like a The First/The Next type reimagination, so this seems odd considering the way Toei usually handles things. The suit still looks good, especially the rebuilt version, but it's clearly an old design. It'll be strange if they actualy keep the three old suits in the spotlight but with new actors considering the way they handle every other tokusatsu franchise.
 
Last edited:
Posted something about this earlier here.

It would be sad if Kenji Ohba finds himself being replaced as Gavan, but I guess Toei's mindset is that an elderly looking guy can't headline an action series or anything like that. I really do hope that it leads to a Metal Heroes revival. A third Toei tokusatsu would be all sorts of awesome.

I picture the reason that Kenji might be replaced is because that they might want to add all three Space Sheriffs into the movie, and since one is dead they would have to replace one of the actor any ways...

But maybe the Metal Heroes series can go like Ultraman Zero, and be movie sets only


also, could this be what the new Gavan look like

[hide]
robocop_movie_image.jpg

[/hide]
 
If this going to be like Ultraman Zero (movie only each year), maybe this will be replacing Den-O movie slot, except if they want to make Superhero Taisen every year from now...
 
If this going to be like Ultraman Zero (movie only each year), maybe this will be replacing Den-O movie slot, except if they want to make Superhero Taisen every year from now...

Both the rumor and the toy releases point to something later this year, not next year. This also seems to be something from the Sentai side, considering the Metal Heroes appearing in Sentai's toy list, not Rider's, so it'd be pretty unlikely to take the spring movie slot.
 
Since it's from Sentai's release is it possible they're taking Sentai off the air in favor of Metal Heroes. Go-Busters haven't exactly had superb ratings.
 
I don't think it would replace it, merely come before it. Super Sentai has been around for a long time, just because it hasn't been doing well doesn't mean it will get cancel. Besides, the only reason why we have these shows is to promote the toy sales.

In relate topic however, we should have saw the signs Toei was giving us (if the ones I'm about to mention were signs): Gavan's return with the Gokaiger. Those bootleg Gavan during Akibaranger which in fact has been stated that the Space Sheriff series were the ones to replace Kamen Rider after Stronger ended IIRC.

Although I haven't really watched the series itself before, I can't wait to find out whether or not this will become real. :buttrock:
 
Supposedly Battle Spirits Heroes hasn't been doing all that great, but Sunrise has basically owned that 7 AM block since Dinosaur Legend began. I could still see a Metal Heroes series eventually replacing something there though, and that would be awesome just to have Metal Heroes back. I wonder if they would be keeping the Gavan name and replacing it with an updated suit since it technically is just a code name...

Speaking of Battle Heroes, Spirits is close to its end, has there been a trademark or anything filed for the next series?
 
I wonder if it'd mean Super Hero Time with three Toku series, if they made another Metal Hero tv series.

This has been rumored for quite awhile. Kuuga was produced around the time marketing data indicated that the generations who grew up on Showa Rider would have their own kids who fell into the target age group for buying Rider toys.

We are now at that point with early Metal Hero. While the toys are for kids, at the end of the day, the parents choose what to buy. As the 80s toy revivals in the US have demonstrated, parents love to be able to get their kids into "new" versions of what they loved as children.

Since it's from Sentai's release is it possible they're taking Sentai off the air in favor of Metal Heroes. Go-Busters haven't exactly had superb ratings.

I don't think we're really at that point. The sheer fan outrage over a long-running program like Super Sentai being canceled for a less prestigious franchise like Metal Hero shouldn't be underestimated. I think Toei will keep working with Super Sentai, even if only to save face.

I think it's far more likely that Toei would try to secure the 7 AM slot for Metal Hero, so Asa Nichi Kids Time would be a solid block of Toei-produced programming. Right now, Battle Spirits is the only thing in the block I'm aware of that isn't made by Toei.

I could also see a Metal Hero show replace Saint Seiya Omega when its run is over, since Toei already controls the 6:30 AM block. Omega seems to be doing well, though, so I'm not sure I'd say that was likely. The 6:30 AM slot tends to deliver lower ratings than are considered healthy for tokusatsu programs.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top