Banned
Kotaku

If the buzz is right, we would get Capcom Vs. Namco using the SFIV engine AND Namco Vs. Capcom using the Tekken 6 Engine.

Same roster, different engines.

Why do the same game need different engines and switched names?

Doesn't matter to me cause non of it's coming to the Wii!

Doesn't matter to me cause non of it's coming to the Wii!

Each company would be making the game with their respective engine. It's the same deal as with SNK/Capcom.

The World Warrior
I can see the transition into 2D with Tekken being a lot easier than Street Fighter transitioning into full fledged 3D.

Seems likely, both Capcom and Namco hinted at this project at this year's Evo2k amidst the MvC3 and Gamerbee madness

You can't be this dense can you? Tekken and Street Fighter are two completely different games, there can be no middle ground because of how vastly different the two franchises play. The fair thing to do would be to make two completely different games.

Last edited:
Nice not to see a bunch of Namco/Tekken hate in this forum :)

I'm a big fan of both companies so I'm hopeful that this rumor is going to be true. For those interested, who would you like to see in the game?

Seems likely, both Capcom and Namco hinted at this project at this year's Evo2k amidst the MvC3 and Gamerbee madness
You can't be this dense can you? Tekken and Street Fighter are two completely different games, there can be no middle ground because of how vastly different the two franchises play. The fair thing to do would be to make two completely different games.

There going to have the same story. It's just a way to get your money.