Max was an episodic series that wasn't intended to have any proper storyline, though. Calling it "full of filler" is... well it's a pretty obvious statement because that's exactly what it was meant to be. It's like the original Ultraman series in that it was just a collection of mostly separate stories that allowed multiple writers and directors to have some fun with the Ultraman concept.

Look, I don't think Mebius is the end all be all Ultra series, but it's hardly an abomination neither. Considering Tsuburaya was celebrating a milestone, Mebius was the perfect way to celebrate it. Is it perfect? Of course not, no series in any franchise truly is perfect, but it's a series that all Ultra fans should see at least once.

Mebius is a solid series, I've never denied that. All I've been saying these past four years is that it's not some magic Godsend, bestUltraseriesever, etc. nonsense that some people act like it is.

It's over 8,000!
I'm still hoping to watch many more Ultra Series before watching Mebius.

Lurker
Mebius was better than the other anniversary series so far (Decade, Boukenger). I might be biased but you can not top Tsuburaya for even managing to get Leo's and 80's actors back, and even the old dude Takenaka. the best fanservice in years.

It's over 8,000!
You're better off doing that since a majority of Mebius makes reference to monsters/characters that appeared in previous Ultra series.

Cool. Even Dyna makes references to the Tiga kaijin. I like that.

Eye See You
Max was an episodic series that wasn't intended to have any proper storyline, though. Calling it "full of filler" is... well it's a pretty obvious statement because that's exactly what it was meant to be. It's like the original Ultraman series in that it was just a collection of mostly separate stories that allowed multiple writers and directors to have some fun with the Ultraman concept.

I was never too high on the episode shows but the one that did it right was Max.

Mebius is a solid series, I've never denied that. All I've been saying these past four years is that it's not some magic Godsend, bestUltraseriesever, etc. nonsense that some people act like it is.

I can totally see why some would think it's the best series. I personally put it right up there with Ultraseven and Nexus.

Why, though? As best as I can tell it's only based on nostalgia because it was the first series in 25 years to connect to the Showa series. That's great and all but after the first eleven or so episodes the series becomes almost as episodic as any other series. I love Mebius but best series it is not.