Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen - TALK UP!

Almost anything, but yeah point still stands. You're easy to manipulate when you're young. Toy commercials work mang.

Agreed big time with both you and shuuyu. I remember wanting every damn cereal as a kid cause I just had to have "THE SUPER COOL MOST AMAZING TOY EVER". And lets not even get started on all the damn toys.
 
The world is ending... I agree with quark... :sweat:
That's the silver lining in seeing Revenge of the Fallen. In tragedy, we are all brought closer together!

The point of the movie wasn't to make people think, it was made to entertain people. And guess what? Majority of the people who went to see WERE entertained.
I went with people expecting mindless, entertaining robot action. They were unsatisfied. I can't tell you how many times I zoned out during the 'uber epic Egypt fight.' From the moment Optimus had died, I couldn't wait until he came back to see him take down the Fallen. After 45 minutes of lollygagging in Egypt I was praying Optimus would show up so the movie would end. Aaaaand cue Linkin Park.


It's funny how people were complaining about the first film not having enough robot action, how Starscream and them were just "thrown into the mess" at the last minute, and how they never really cared about the fans, and how there were "too many human scenes".

Yet, this film did the exact opposite, and people are now complaining about the pacing and plot development. WOW.

People complain because the first Transformers was over crowded with pointless, go nowhere characters that amount to zero story wise. And when you finally got to see the Transformers, well, you didn't really even get to see them did you? No matter how hard you tried to scoot back in your seat they were always out of focus and you could never be perfectly clear what was happening.
Why do people complain about Transformers 2? Atleast in the first movie the focus was mostly on Sam and Bumblebee. Fallen wasn't about anyone. It was people running around alot, the audience having little to no clue why for a majority of the time. Anything new or even vaguely interesting we learned was summed up within Optimus's opening narration. Unfortunately, what followed was 2 and a half hours of stale dialogue and action, and humor written by a team of junior highers who just hit puberty last week.
Also, random observation. You can judge how terrible the dialogue in a scene is based on how long the camera spins around the characters and how fast. Seriously, if you have the balls to watch this movie again watch for it. I felt queasy more than once.
 
The only two things bay is good at:

1. Spinning a camera around in a slow motion/Dramatic Fashion
2. Large explosions that mean NOTHING.
 
http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=415956

>Bay: "We're just putting more personality in. I don't know if it's stereotypes — they are robots, by the way. These are the voice actors. This is kind of the direction they were taking the characters and we went with it."
>Allyson Nadia Field: "why do they talk like bad black stereotypes?"
Bay brushes off controversy
>Bay: "Listen, you're going to have your naysayers on anything. It's like is everything going to be melba toast? It takes all forms and shapes and sizes."

Bay doesn't even care that he offended some people, did some major stereotyping, and was a tad racist.
 
Why should he care? People are offended by everything nowadays.

Didn't say he should. Well true people these days are offended by stupid **** but this time around they actually have a legitimate reason to be offended. Since its a couple of "nigga" Autobots that throw out profanity every other word and talk like some coke dealer that drinks kool-aid and grape drank all while being a couple of illiterate monkeys (ala slaves).
 
Didn't say he should. Well true people these days are offended by stupid **** but this time around they actually have a legitimate reason to be offended. Since its a couple of "nigga" Autobots that throw out profanity every other word and talk like some coke dealer that drinks kool-aid and grape drank all while being a couple of illiterate monkeys (ala slaves).

I haven't seen it yet but I get the strange feeling that you're exaggerating.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top