Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen - TALK UP!

Skyknight

Lurker
Saw the film on Friday

[hide]I enjoyed it. This is coming from someone who wasnt under Bay's spell in 2007, I thought the first movie was a gigantic amount of drivel, it's humour was forced and far too pervy, and there was no gist of plot to speak of. Just a car ad. I always said if there was more like what I saw of Megs in the Arctic, I would greatly admire a sequel no matter how retarded it could get. Star Trek had similar moments of suck, but the journey, the story, the ability to get serious, is what saved it.

Here, I got that.

There were things I wasnt pleased with...the Bayformer yankie-doodle-dickheaded humour still grated, but there was a journey here with relatable characters which took the audience to the locations relevant to the plot, and took it's time to get the action out of the way in enough space to make the story count for something. A lot of things were going on, but it was all fluint

Can't say I'm still a big fan of Bayformers. Drop the adolescent, dickward humour and maybe it'll stand up on stronger legs. It's a strong sequel and an improvement on the first movie.

Pros

-Uniquely fresh origin story for the Prime Tribunal and The Fallen. I heard breif screams of "Beast Wars" in the theatres when we saw the prelude. That was clarified more clearly later

-Prime's valiant stand in the forest

-The Pretender whizzore and Sam being the girl of the bunch.

-Museum break-in

-Sam's near-death experiance...very Lion King.

-Prime against The Fallen.

-Jetfire pulling a Flynn (walking stick was a bit much though)

-Taking care of small continuity like Scorponok

-Soundwave managing to be the most formiddable, covert, and reliable Decepticon of the whole movie. Plus he can still eject when he needs to. Ace voice acting by Welker. Not quite the Soundwave of old, but it made him sound colder and more collected. Why exactly was Megs in this movie when Soundwave had him beat as a strategist for the team?

-These Cullen narrated endings/Linkin Park scores are the "Superman winks at the camera" of Bay lore.


Cons

-The Wino Autobots. Racist, unfunny

-The emphasis on more Decepticons getting their butts kicked by the Military than The Autobots

-Smaller Comedy Decepticon turncoat

-Megatron: Lackey

-the minutes allocated to Mrs. Whitwhicky stoned out of her head

-The Matrix is a jagged Goth fingernail ring?

-Several characters vanished without explanation

-Prime gets a dopey toyetic upgrade

-Devastator looked like a fucking Pokemon.

-Starscream's annoying, subtitled, Cybertronian jargon that never comes off as him speaking, but the movie supplying random pidgeon english.[/hide]
 
Last edited:
Im going to watch this tuesday evening showing, no school on wensday wooot...

EDIT:

I just came back and from what i saw now... its a popcorn movie...
i did enjoyed it but...

[HIDE]Like 2 to 4 auto bots and bunch of other decepticons rarely talked or event talked at all(and not much background either).
i thought Arcee would have more of role then just a fighting robot.
And im dissapointed that the climax of the film was plain lame, i just felt that how the fallen was died was lame.
I didnt like wheelie i know he was crazy, but crazy to the point he was riding Mikaela's leg was like totally annoying and what disturbs me the most is the fact she liked it.

I did like the whole traveling thing, there were more action. then the first one. we also didnt have to wait for some action cause it started right at the beginning.
Humor was great even though some were annoying. [/HIDE]
 
So was there a secret ending like after the credits for this one? I want a heads up since im watching it on Thursday imax. I don't want to sit through the credits and get nothing from it. :p
 
Humor was great even though some were annoying.

Since Bay is an admitted anime junkie, that blatantly unfunny, pervy humour probably did go down a storm over in Japan more so than it will anywhere else.

Whilst I loved this movie, I won't object if anyone hated it either. Even I agree with this review

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g__bQ-Y7D8Q[/ame]
 
Last edited:
I just got back from seeing it. It was amazing. I think I liked the first one just as much, but this one was much more epic.

[hide]Optimus Prime.[/hide]
 
Well apparently the critical reception has been dreadful and I'm not surprised one bit. Its just typical Spike TV "GIRLS! EXPLOSIONS! ACTION! STEREOTYPES!" bullshit wrapped up with Transformers.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090623/REVIEWS/906239997

Now I wouldn't have rated it that low but it wasn't spectacular at all. Meh its Michael Bay, you can't expect anything compelling from him even with Orci's script. It makes a perfect popcorn movie though, then again you can pretty much get the same exact experience from this movie by sitting down and marathoning Spike TV and MTV.
 
The notion ROTF is the worst toyetic movie since Batman and Robin isnt helped by the fact Ebert gave Batman and Robin a higher score than ROTF.

Michale Bay is the next Joel Shumacher...though it's not like that's groundbreaking news.
 
Alright, alright! I just recently watched Tranformers: The Revenge of the Fallen.

BADASSERY TO THE MAX!

The Autobots fighting the Decepticons in an all out brawl where Earth is the battlefield. Humans are allies of the Autobots and vice versa as usual and how wonderful were the fighting scenes. The beginning is awesome till the end. There in the movie were intense action, some hilarious comedy with not so hilarious comedy in it, some wierdos but not that shot.

About the fighting scenes, Master Optimus Prime is the best and fought so well and even made him my fave Autobot. So great action, so superb and so EPIC WIN!
 
The Autobots fighting the Decepticons in an all out brawl where Earth is the battlefield. Humans are allies of the Autobots and vice versa as usual and how wonderful were the fighting scenes. The beginning is awesome till the end. There in the movie were intense action, some hilarious comedy with not so hilarious comedy in it, some wierdos but not that shot.

Well the humans weren't very helpful allies when they spent more than half the movie just running from explosions and making crappy speeches. Then again that was pretty much most of what they did during the first movie.

Well I thought most of the toilet humor was tasteless, unfunny, and just plain moronic. The pervy humor was incredibly childish and just plain stupid. The Mudflap and Skids duo of the movie was like Jar Jar Binks, but worst! Why should autobots be slurring around profanity like "bitch" and "pussy" every three seconds like it was part of their programming? The "gangster" black autobot was bearable with Jazz, that actually felt natural and was a nice comic relief. This time around its just forced trash and a wee bit racist. I just have no clue what Bay and Orci were thinking when putting some of this together. I have a feeling the moronic humor was shoehorned in more so because of Bay.

Michael Bay is the next Joel Shumacher...though it's not like that's groundbreaking news.

Well at least Schumacher made movies that were actually pretty damn good before and after his downfall. Bay just has really good popcorn flicks and The Rock.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top