Tokusatsu songs or music that get on your nerves

Magiranger Opening and Ending were really dreadful but those stick if your head like forever, sereiously I can actually sind that song in japeness if I wanted to.
 
Ultra Kaiju Ondo by Susumu Ishikawa, man, made my ears bleed because the singer sucked so bad.

The non-record version of the Jet Jaguar song(e.g the one used at the end of GvsMegalon). I liked the record version, but the real version is so unsteadily played i can't take it, as much as i love Masato Shimon's voice, the orchestration ruined it.
 
Back in the 90s, several sentai themes were done in English and put on a few of the CD collections of the time. If I remember right, they were all of them from Carranger through Timeranger, as well as at least the Kuuga themes.

A few of them sounded like they were done by the original singer [the two Gingaman themes for instance]. Could be wrong of course...

Some of the English themes were pretty good if a little weird sounding since they're not in the original language we're used to, but others like Megaranger and Timeranger's English themes were done by a singer who performed them with an insanely high pitch, and I mean total "Battle Royale" head exploding high! If those songs had been toned down at least two or more octaves or at least to the pitch level of the originals, they might have been listenable...
 
A few of them sounded like they were done by the original singer [the two Gingaman themes for instance]. Could be wrong of course...

...


You're right about the Gingaman theme, it WAS done by original singer Masato Shimon/Ryou Kisao! Shimon has done quite a few other english songs, several Ultra Seven themes were redone in English by him very well.

BOT:

Most of the 70s Ultraman themes, too bad they had to use kid's choirs for EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.:170:. Ace and Jack's themes WERE supposed to be different and performed by Aniki; too bad that never came to pass. However the songs he sang for those shows are preserved on CD.
 
I always thought the "forge your courage into a sharp blade" was a much more humorous line.

Tokusatsu music doesn't usually appeal to me, the modern Sentai stuff is decent and the older Kamen Rider and Sentai stuff is fun for nostalgic and general cheese (not taking a shot at the singers, they have some real talent, the subject matter is just...hmm) and modern Ultraman stuff is pretty much nothing but DMM, which I still think is the worst band to ever touch tokusatsu.

Then there's modern Kamen Rider, which Toei kinda seems like they want to move it into a more mainstream position with the music choices, but honestly, Avex sucks. I would love a move over to Sony for Rider music, but I doubt that would ever happen.
 
Kiva's Opening is pretty good up until the singing starts, then I have to take my headphones off until it's over.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top