I. Love. Lamp.
I know what your thinking, Why do a thread about Toku theme songs? I'll tell you why, Tokusatsu themes are very important to the genre. Without them the openings would be very boring. Most Toku themes have a desperate sound to them. Calling out for the hero to come save lives, And kick some ass. Most Toku themes play in the background while the hero is taking names. Sentai & Kamen Rider plus Ultraman are all exceptions to this rule. For example, I was watching a fight from Kamen Rider Black RX, And his theme by Takayuki Miyauchi was in the background blaring. It added a sense of epicness to the fight. Here's my favorite Toku themes
-Shinkenger-I love it's desperation and energy.
Kamen Rider Black RX
Kamen Rider W
Dynaman
GoGo Five
Goseiger
Zyuranger
Kamen Rider Black
What are your favorite Toku themes? And what are your favorite moments where Toku themes were used?

Lurker
Kuuga, Black and Black RX, Ultraman Tiga, god, there are so many that I want to name =( I'll just name a few that I don't like. I might get bitchslapped over this O_O but Kiva's opening theme song. =O

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Kamen Rider Kiva's entire soundtrack of themes basically wins it for me.........except for Kiva's OP theme, that was just mediocre to me

I really love the three main Songs of Kamen Rider Decade. Journey Through The Decade,The Next Decade and Stay The Ride Alive listened back to back seem to tell such an epic story that I desperately tried to find in the TV Series.

Ore, Sanjou!
definitely too many to count, but probably all post-Gaoranger Sentai themes and post-Black Rider themes

I know what your thinking, Why do a thread about Toku theme songs? I'll tell you why, Tokusatsu themes are very important to the genre. Without them the openings would be very boring. Most Toku themes have a desperate sound to them. Calling out for the hero to come save lives, And kick some ass. Most Toku themes play in the background while the hero is taking names. Sentai & Kamen Rider plus Ultraman are all exceptions to this rule. For example, I was watching a fight from Kamen Rider Black RX, And his theme by Takayuki Miyauchi was in the background blaring. It added a sense of epicness to the fight. Here's my favorite Toku themes
-Shinkenger-I love it's desperation and energy.
Kamen Rider Black RX
Kamen Rider W
Dynaman
GoGo Five
Goseiger
Zyuranger
Kamen Rider Black
What are your favorite Toku themes? And what are your favorite moments where Toku themes were used?

Great idea for a thread, but where's the analysis?

Analyzing Toku songs... Now this I could get into.

Let's start with one of my favorite Sentai openings, Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger. It starts out all calm and such, but when the riffs start playing, you KNOW that this song is about kicking butt.

Other Sentai Songs that I like and why:
Take-Off! Go-on Wings: It's got that jazzy feel that really makes you feel like you're soaring to the skies, the duet was simply awesome, and I love how they play the saxophone.
Dekaranger Action and SWAT ON! Dekaranger: Starts of slow, but really picks up and is the synthesizers (?) really bring the technology and the awesomeness of both songs.

Kamen Rider songs, IMHO, are just as good.

Break the Chain: The fusion of violin and rock instruments provide and interesting mix to this song. Fits with fighting against destiny, and yet, at the same time, you're bound by destiny.

Full Force: You know that this song, from intro to end is all about going full force, it doesn't hold back. This is one of my favorite KR songs of all time.

On a slightly different note... Shouldn't this go to the HJU Jukebox Section?

Mazin...Go!
I am biased towards toku songs of the 70s and 80s because they seem to be meant to have combat scenes choreographed to them. I'll post some samples of my favorites...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIW0EttEbaA[/ame] AKUMAIZER 3 (1975) Dynamic, action packed, gets the adrenaline going.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOl_QQdqY98[/ame] INAZUMAN FLASH (1973)
ditto
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfrEWVb6vyw[/ame] UCHU KEIJI GAVAN (1982)
less disco beat, but sounds heroic or cosmic

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upTZr0tnH14[/ame] TAIYOU SENTAI SUN VULCAN (1981) Love the percussions.

Den-O...Imagin ver...loved that song. makes me watch Kamen Rider. all of them
Agito...love the tune to it
Kiva...love the violin in the song.
Samurai Sentai Shinkengers...so...amazing, it fits
Abarangers...love that song...
Dekarangers...loved it
Decade...it fits decade
StarFish Hitler...nuff said.

I din't mind...Kuuga. din't feel much to it.

I din't like...Kabuto...no

and as for fighting themesongs and not intro...my personal fav
DOUBLE ACTION SWORD FORM. something in that song makes me wanna fight...with Kamen Rida

Kamen Rider Meta
^^HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE NEXT LEVEL?

You know what I have to say I didn't like? ED's of the older toku (except for Black's because he's a badass). It was usually the main character just doing one thing for the full 1:30. Coming off of great OP songs of the past, you'd think there'd be the same effort for the ED. It's just as important as the OP for me. For example, Dairanger's ED. It's just Dairanger...on motorcycles. I'm not saying have a dancing ED for everything but Shinkenger had the right idea of stuff I like. Just have them do something like interact. (Except for Black because walking away from that bike is badass)