Lynxara
Nice post!!
(Though man, after what's happened on this show, I can't blame anyone working on it wanting to cuss up a storm.) :laugh:
I figure if I was Go-Busters staff, every third word out of my mouth would be "****."
(Though man, after what's happened on this show, I can't blame anyone working on it wanting to cuss up a storm.) :laugh:
And now, Lynxara presents: Untold Tales of the Toei Writers' Room.
TOEI SCHMUCK: Hey, guys? Good work on the episode 42 script, but I've got a few comments...
KOBAYASHI: Oh, for ****'s sake, what now.
TOEI SCHMUCK: This scene with Hiromu is a little slow, and we think the kids might get bored. Could you liven the scene up?
KOBAYASHI: ... it's the episode's climax! Where the hero defeats the monster of the week! And then one of the villains crushes the other one's head!
TOEI SCHMUCK: Right, sure, that's fine, but there's all these shots that are just a character having feelings, you know? It's just not very fun.
KOBAYASHI: Oh, please, tell me how I can make the capstone of my lead's season-long character arc more fun.
TOEI SCHMUCK: Hey, I know! Maybe have Nick sing along? That would give him a bit more to do! And wouldn't that be fun? We could do a full insert version of Jingle Bells! We could release the single, maybe even do a Christmas album!
KOBAYASHI: Sure, why the **** not. I can't think of a single goddamn thing more fun than setting my heroes' emotional triumph to a whimsical novelty cover. Hey, how about we keep Jingle Bells going when Escape betrays Enter? It can be Go-Busters's very own mother fucking "Ode to Joy."
TOEI SCHMUCK: Careful now, Kobayashi-sensei. You remember that little talk we had about going too highbrow?
KOBAYASHI: Yes, I will remember that talk on my goddamn deathbed, long after I have grown too ill and senile to recall anything but my own seething hatred.
TOEI SCHMUCK: Okay! Well, then, this all sounds great. Make it happen! I'll look into that Christmas album for you.
And now, this concludes Untold Tales of the Toei Writers' Room.