This game(Final Fantasy 1)was the game that started it all, and without this game succeeding, there would be no more of the sequels. This game did become a hit and the franchise did become well loved and a long running one at that - and it has been around for a long time. It does seem like fun while having some adventures in castles with pirates,witches,and elves.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
This game(Final Fantasy 1)was the game that started it all, and without this game succeeding, there would be no more of the sequels. This game did become a hit and the franchise did become well loved and a long running one at that - and it has been around for a long time. It does seem like fun while having some adventures in castles with pirates,witches,and elves.

@Folk Artist I very much agree with you on this note, it's the Final Fantasy I that laid the basis and foundation of what we have today in the latest Final Fantasy game version. So therefore, there are bound to be several features that needed upgrading until it's perfect the way it is now. The criticism of the Final Fantasy I is expected but finally it helped in getting the up to its best.

Final Fantasy I was a giant game in its time. Sure, when you look at it now and compare it with the other games in the FF series, you may be disappointed. It was one of the best RPGs of its time and I think it needs to be recognized. The plot was noble and the characters simple. I like to think of it as the first step on a long and fruitful journey. It was the springboard to FFs success and it is by referring to FFI that we see the wonderful changes and improvements made by the game developers. Its basic nature provided so much room for growth and none of us really needs to be convinced that the FF journey has been all about moving upwards.

Yes Final fantasy I is the foundation of all Final fantasy games up to the latest. If this game would not be successful, there would be no squall, tidus, cloud, zidane and others. The plot is very much like other FF's, the battle setup and elemental arrangement or should I say magic is already there being adopted to other series. Thus this game is huge and I should play this one more time this coming days.

I first completed the game when I was young and surprisingly, it is very addicting and amazing game for me. This is the first final fantasy game I played in GBA and in my life. After I finished the story, I became a fan of ff.

I enjoyed playing the game and it was interesting to see where the series began, having not played anything older than final fantasy VI before.
The only negative coments id have to say are that the magic was very expensive near the end, but i suppose like all games if thats something you want you have to be prepared to work for it. But also that the ending of the game wasnt too great in my opinion, and i prefer final fantasy games when the characters have more of a personality, but i suppose with the option of choosing which people to have in your team at the start this wasnt entirely possible