Back again, this time after completing the wonderful FFIV (I had to skip FFIII for now due to some obs issues with it but I will return to it later!)

Story and Characters

Now this is the Final Fantasy story and characters I have been waiting for! Almost every main and supporting character was magnetic and I found myself caring a lot about them. The only character I will say felt pretty weak was Rosa. I never really felt a reason for her other than to be our healer and the relationship between Cecil/Rosa/Kain didn't do it for me. But, with the rest of cast being so great I can easily over look that. A highlight for me was Golbez, without spoiling anything, I found his arc very compelling and he takes my place for best antagonist.

The story revolving around gathering crystals again made me roll my eyes at first, but they certainty do enough twisting with the world that I wasn't complaining about it as the game went on. The diversity of the locations and the people we met along the way was a treat and really left me wanting to play more after streaming sessions.

This was the first FF where I felt very invested in what would happen and I hope the trend keeps up with future entries.

Game play

This is another area where the game shines, while I am no opponent of the turn based system, swapping for the active battle system certainty spiced things up for the better. While I don't think the battle system was anything incredible, it served it's job and made timing in boss fights an interesting challenge.

The variety of bosses was also quite enjoyable ranging from archfiends to demon walls, nearly every fight was challenging but rewarding once you figured out how to get around their tricky moves.

A final contributor to the great game play are the characters! Having a rotating party always made it feel like I had some new toys to play with and kept things fresh (A highlight for me was Porom/Palom, I absolutely loved their unique abilities and twin cast especially!)

Last Bits

I am sure it's obviously already but this has been my favorite entry so far! Everything was a joy and I am almost certain I will visit some of the additional content like the After-years in the future. Excited to move on to FFV shortly which returns to the job systems and makes me kinda nervous, but want to see what further refinement on the system looks like.

Thanks for entertaining my rambling thoughts, and be sure to share what you are think about FFIV! (If you are interested in watching these games live, shoot me a message and I'll share the twitch channel)

The first time I played FF4, I was very much impressed, more impressed than the other video games I had played before. In most forums talking about this particular game, many people have talked positively about it.

It has been a while since I have been able to recall in that detail, but it sounds about right and brings back some memories of seeing the game progress. It makes me want to trace through the game play advances and see how they match up.

As the game progress, the untold stories are slowly revealed and the game was started to become more enjoyable when you started to have Kain in my party.
That was an awesome experience that I will never forget.

Administrator
Staff member
The first time I played FF4, I was very much impressed, more impressed than the other video games I had played before. In most forums talking about this particular game, many people have talked positively about it.
You are a liar, You said you dont like the old Final Fantasy games because of the graphics.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
It seems like you just recently completed the Final Fantasy IV because from your analysis of the game, it still look fresh on your mind. I'm glad that you had so much fun playing the game. Maybe I should just rate my feeling of satisfaction with the game after playing, and on that note, I would give it a 7/10.

I think. Final Fantasy IV had captured my imagination with their chunky sprites and low resolutions. On the other hand, there is no arguing that Final Fantasy XIII is a beautiful game, but the gameplay and mechanics fail to match the visual experience. However, the game's protagonist, Lightning, has become an iconic and recognizable character in the world of Final Fantasy, as she has since made additional appearances.

I really enjoyed FFIV to the fullest but the only thing that I had a problem with was Cid's voice. It kind of seemed strange to me for some reason.

I really loved the number of bosses and the challenges they brought to the game. They had a ton of really impressive moves which made Final Fantasy IV really fun to play.

The gameplay fused with all the interesting locations is what made Final Fantasy IV worthwhile.