The Viewing Globe - Seriously? I'm Still Alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Digital books are all well and good, but we should still print stuff out. Electronic pathways will degrade, a well conserved book can last centuries.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Damn, I have got some crazy, vicious pain in my lower chest and abdomen. It's like there's something running around in my guts, ripping stuff up. It's happened before. I've noticed that it only does it if I eat a ton of grains the day before. I guess it's gas.

I tried Virtue's Last Reward demo for the ps vita. I wasn't digging it too much. It's probably different playing the 3ds.

Fire Emblem, I don't have any desire to play that game either. There's only a few games where I would buy right away atm.

I wanna play more on my ps vita, but the library is too small. Not very many game I'm into.
Man, I'd kill to play Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'll eventually get a 3DS XL but I just don't want to drop the money on it right now. -___________-;;

My school still finds asinine ways to charge us money. You want to buy a subscription to a website where your teacher puts your work online? $250!
Schools are very, very good at coming up with new and exciting ways to charge you even more!

Digital books are all well and good, but we should still print stuff out. Electronic pathways will degrade, a well conserved book can last centuries.
Conservation of some of those really old books is a very costly endeavor. I'm not saying it isn't worth it...quite the contrary. I'm sure most of the really old books, manuscripts, etc. currently being conserved will continue to be, but I think the number of physical items taken into conservation will decrease significantly over the coming decades as the method of delivery shifts to digital.

Of course, I could be wrong. I don't own a DeLorean or anything. :laugh:

Mad Skillz
You know what's always struck me as odd? We have more young people than we've had in a long while reading books now, print books, but we're still seeing things like Barnes and Noble closing more stores. Though I do wish physical stores would learn that they can't support jacked up prices. I love browsing around the bookstores and discovering cool new things to read I had no intention of picking up, but they're often more expensive than they are online.

The new Tendou Souji
Reading this convo, maybe I should take a picture of my manga (and/or American books) collection; seems like it'd be on-topic. xP

Banned
Damn youtube!

After taking down all my Let's Play', despite me making all the correct fair use clams, i though i was done with legal BS with them, but it seems my choice to use ROYALTY FREE music in my reivews has them at it again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1_BvTshTIo"]The review in question[/ame]

It's just a low tune in the backround even! Dear lord....

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
You know what's always struck me as odd? We have more young people than we've had in a long while reading books now, print books, but we're still seeing things like Barnes and Noble closing more stores. Though I do wish physical stores would learn that they can't support jacked up prices. I love browsing around the bookstores and discovering cool new things to read I had no intention of picking up, but they're often more expensive than they are online.
I'm guilty of what you mentioned. There is a Barnes and Noble close to where I live (sadly, there are no locally owned bookstores anywhere around here...) and I sometimes go there, browse, and then buy whatever it is from Amazon. I love being able to look through new books, but unless it is a cheap mass paperback (prices usually don't vary on the new mass market paperbacks too much between online and in-store) I don't buy anything. I guess people like me are why their prices are high.

Damn youtube!

After taking down all my Let's Play', despite me making all the correct fair use clams, i though i was done with legal BS with them, but it seems my choice to use ROYALTY FREE music in my reivews has them at it again.

The review in question

It's just a low tune in the backround even! Dear lord....
I've wanted to do some movie reviews on Youtube, but it seems like it could be more of a hassle than it is worth.

Has anyone had a professor or teacher that just gets on your nerves? Normally, the professors I've had didn't really bother me. But I have this professor this semester, for International Business, that just gets on my nerves. He loves to repeat things over and over and over and over.

It's really a drag sitting in class. And he's so hard to understand too. I dread going to his class every Tuesday and Thursday. :redface2:

Oh, and my 3ds should be coming in tomorrow. :coolshades: I'm not a huge Nintendo console fan, but I love the portable systems. I love me some Professor Layton.

Mad Skillz
I'm guilty of what you mentioned. There is a Barnes and Noble close to where I live (sadly, there are no locally owned bookstores anywhere around here...) and I sometimes go there, browse, and then buy whatever it is from Amazon. I love being able to look through new books, but unless it is a cheap mass paperback (prices usually don't vary on the new mass market paperbacks too much between online and in-store) I don't buy anything. I guess people like me are why their prices are high.
Yeeeah it's really rough. I do that often enough myself because I get free shipping from the Barnes and Noble site for being a member and the prices are just too cheap to ignore. I don't really like buying mass market copies, but yeah, I pick those up from the sci-fi section of the store whenever I'm looking for something - specifically a Star Wars book.

In Justice, We Trust!
Oh, and my 3ds should be coming in tomorrow. :coolshades: I'm not a huge Nintendo console fan, but I love the portable systems. I love me some Professor Layton.

How much did you pay for it? i've seen it go as low as 120$ During the major sale days around here

How much did you pay for it? i've seen it go as low as 120$ During the major sale days around here

$120.....? That is cheap for the XL. I bought it at retail price on Amazon. I have Prime membership so it was 2 day free shipping and no sales tax, so I was fine with paying retail price. And I bought a Skinomi screen protector. All of my touchscreen devices have screen protectors made by Skinomi. Love their products.

I bought a few games, but what are some good older games, 3ds or regular DS? The last I actually played almost everyday on my DS was probably 2-3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.