The Live-Action Dragon Ball Z - Pre-Discussion Thread (trailer on page one)

What irritates me is, why is it that Toriyama accepts this and hopes that people can accept this as a new Dragonball that everyone will enjoy, and yet fans are outraged, by this. Toriyama accepts this, why can't the fans? Some are too heated with rage by this to even accept anything related this movie. Even if it's a positive message by that one man who created it all...

He gets paid to. It's like Terry Goodkind publicly supports the Legend of the seeker tv show. I would be the minute it tanks and is taken off tv, he will slam it.
 
Even if the movie sucks you can still enjoy the anime. How does the movie lessen your enjoyment of the manga or anime. Its impossible. It cant unless you let it. The movie could star Jack Black as Goku and Carlos Mencia as Krillin and I wouldnt care and still support it.

If it sucks then the movie sucks. But I cant make that judgment until its in theaters.

It's not going to affect my enjoyment of the manga/anime. But as someone who is a fan of them, it's disappointing to see this movie being made simply because when you are a fan of something, you usually hold some type of pride for it. When it's put out there for everyone to see, and people reject it and criticize it (which, let's be realistic, the critics and people in general likely will), it kind of ticks you off, cause they are gonna associate this with all of DB, which is wrong, but it's happened many times in the past. That's just how people are. So I'm against it since it's almost like it will be tarnishing the DB name.
 
He gets paid to. It's like Terry Goodkind publicly supports the Legend of the seeker tv show. I would be the minute it tanks and is taken off tv, he will slam it.

Well yah but of course. However, I'd like to think money wasn't involved with the message he gave us. What I'm saying may sound blind, but I'd like to believe the good of all things and that what he's saying isn't because he's being paid :D
 
Well yah but of course. However, I'd like to think money wasn't involved with the message he gave us. What I'm saying may sound blind, but I'd like to believe the good of all things and that what he's saying isn't because he's being paid :D

Well lets hope you are right.
 
If it's bad, we may still get something good out of it: those guys in Hollywood may finally get the hint to stop making bad adaptations of licensed properties, so either the adaptations/remakes of the future will be of much better quality, or (hoping more for this one), they'll stop doing remakes/adaptations and start coming out with some good, original material again.
 
If it's bad, we may still get something good out of it: those guys in Hollywood may finally get the hint to stop making bad adaptations of licensed properties, so either the adaptations/remakes of the future will be of much better quality, or (hoping more for this one), they'll stop doing remakes/adaptations and start coming out with some good, original material again.

The question though why does it have to be with dragonball?
 
Well yah but of course. However, I'd like to think money wasn't involved with the message he gave us. What I'm saying may sound blind, but I'd like to believe the good of all things and that what he's saying isn't because he's being paid :D

He's getting paid. Fact.

It hasn't even come out yet! You don't know what'll happen! Transformers didn't look like the G1 Transformers! I mean look at Starscream and Ironhide! That movie still got positive reviews

TF is grossly overrated. Speilberg was keeping his eye on Bay and Hasbro are one of the few toy companies that likewise keep an eye on their products, so the flaws arent that apparent, there's quality control and that can often help a movie be more succesful than it actually could reallisticly be without that care.

I have an interest in the sequel because there dealing more with the comic mythology, but that first movie isnt anything but a spotfest with no plot whatsoever. I understand why it made as much money as it did, and that's because it LOOKS like a great, epic, true-to-the-heart franchise player.

DB's trailer was excessivley lazy, it's obvious there's no quality control and no respect to even one facet of the source material. TF may have had unrecognisible Transformers, but the scope of how a TF movie should be made was arguably there.

Just because the cry babies hated Optimus' flames didnt make TF any less of a bad ass film..

Better than the brain-dead apologists who rewarded stupidity for a bunch of nothing that looked nifty.:laugh:
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top