The Live-Action Dragon Ball Z - Pre-Discussion Thread (trailer on page one)

Possible Piccolo spoiler and OMG THE TEASER IS OUT *maybe*

==================================
Our friend Daphnée of Dragonball Film received an interesting spoiler about Piccolo from Cloud Strife. If you don’t want to be spoiled don’t keep reading (if it turns out to be true!).

[HIDE]SPOILER
I think everybody remembers how is born Piccolo. Kami-Sama has separated the devil part of himself, and created a sort of evil clone: Piccolo. So in the movie, Piccolo will have a quite similar power. According to Cloud, Piccolo will be able to reveal the dark side of anybody, and to create an evil clone of the people.
END SPOILER[/HIDE]

Daphnée says she also has a spoiler about Goku that she’ll post in the next few days, so keep an eye out for that. The site also has what may be a few seconds of the teaser trailer. What do you think? Real of fake? Don’t forget to comment below!
 
Here are more translations regarding the most recent scans of Jump Square

[HIDE]
99517410ay2.jpg

82569872za4.jpg

63320000rg9.jpg

96239457lm4.jpg

96487365by5.jpg

[/HIDE]

===========

Jump SQ Set Report

DBTheMovie posted a translation of the set report featured (with the most recent set of scans) in Jump Square.

Justin Chatwin (Goku) appeared in front of them. Goku had blue eyes. The author of this manga (Akiba Zaijuu) felt Justin has a boyish nature, as well as Goku. He was wearing the blue gi, not orange. Justin said “My gi with Kame mark (orange gi) is still in the making. I’m looking forward to see how it will be made. I hope it will become what you all like.” The author remembered he saw and talk with Mayes Rubeo (costume designer) before. She said “I kept trying for the children of the little village I grew up won’t be disappointed with it. I made more than thirty prototypes for only Goku’s gi.” She seemed to be ambitious and having fun, so he felt she sure can make a good costume. And about Justin, his blue gi was cool, but not only the costume design, but his buffed up muscle enhanced his look. Because he has been training for seven months for Goku’s role. The author remembered Goku also have trained for eight months under Master Roshi when Goku was a child in the original. Coincidence?

When the Japanese magazine press interviewed Justin, suddenly the tank top man came into the room. He shouted “Omochi!(rice cake)” in Japanese. He tried to eat Kusa-dango of Asakusa Tokyo (it was souvenir from Japan) there but he accidentally dropped it on the ground and it got dirty with sand. But he didn’t care, he picked it up and ate it. He was a very wild man. The author wondered who he was.

Next Emmy Rossum’s interview. She said her active and cheerful character resembled Bulma. She’s a brilliant young actress and also a good singer. Bulma’s hair is not all blue, but have blue streaks. Make-up artist Mr. Gomez told us the reason that all blue hair is too strong as a live-action, so he was requested not to do that. So he proposed sixteen hairstyle and make-up designs which kept the image of the original, but they were all turned down. After that time he came up with the present hairstyle and make-up. Emmy said, “Did you look at the three-wheeled motorcycle? There are two same motorcycles and they promise I will get one of them after the filming. Other one may be gotten by someone here!” they asked her what her favorite Mexican food was and she said “Gorditas! I like Gorditas.”

Then they interviewed Joon Park, he was [the] wild tank top man before. He resembled an early Yamcha very well, especially eyebrows and eyes. His cheerful character imparted a upbeat atmosphere there. He said, “I wanted to get any small part, I got to audition, and I got the role of Yamcha. I have Japanese friends and I asked him to send the video of Dragonball and I watched them over and over again. But I realized Yamcha didn’t appear in them a lot. Where is Yamcha? looking for him in the video, I studied him.” The author also thought certainly that Yamcha’s appearance is few in the original, and he wondered whether Puar (Yamcha’s pet cat) appeared or not. He asked his company editor, but the editor said “Who cares?” and the author didn’t really care either. Joon also said he collected toy figures made of metal like Mazinger Z.

Next, they interviewed Jamie Chung. She is a crisp girl, her face was expressive, like as a small animal, her lower lip and twinkling almond eyes were adorable. Press men got hot immediately. She resembled kid Chi-Chi rather than adult Chi-Chi. She said her type is a pretty boy.

Next they interviewed Chow Yun-Fat. He is different from the image of Master Roshi than in the original, but he surprisingly matched the lovable mischief and dirty old man perfectly. He said his favorite food is Japanese Ramen. He was very kind enough to take a photo with the author. He said, “I have never played such character, but I could play it happily and passionately.” The author looks forward to seeing him play Muten Roshi.

And James Marsters appeared at last. His cheek line looks just like Piccolo. he said “Were you wearing the Gold Jacket before? I passed you at the hotel didn’t I?” The man he saw at the hotel was James Marsters after all. James shouted, “I am Piccolo! Yes! I’m Picoolo, so I won’t let anyone play Piccolo!” He was full of spirit. His enthusiasm to the role came through intensely, he looked as if he was the real Piccolo for a moment to the author’s eyes. He thought this movie was worth seeing to see James Marsters as Piccolo by itself.
 
i think he meant the few seccond clip...
Possible Piccolo spoiler and OMG THE TEASER IS OUT *maybe*

==================================
Our friend Daphnée of Dragonball Film received an interesting spoiler about Piccolo from Cloud Strife. If you don’t want to be spoiled don’t keep reading (if it turns out to be true!).

[HIDE]SPOILER
I think everybody remembers how is born Piccolo. Kami-Sama has separated the devil part of himself, and created a sort of evil clone: Piccolo. So in the movie, Piccolo will have a quite similar power. According to Cloud, Piccolo will be able to reveal the dark side of anybody, and to create an evil clone of the people.
END SPOILER[/HIDE]

Daphnée says she also has a spoiler about Goku that she’ll post in the next few days, so keep an eye out for that. The site also has what may be a few seconds of the teaser trailer. What do you think? Real of fake? Don’t forget to comment below!
 
New Dragonball Scan

Longtime DBMB scooper Dukemon found a new magazine scan featuring Dragonball! Not much is shown other than better quality shots of previous images. Hopefully a translation reveals something new.

[HIDE]
1216077371921kz9.jpg
[/HIDE]

Looks like it’s from Playboy. Hopefully we get a translation soon!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top