The Forbidden Kingdom - Jackie Chan and Jet Li Team-Up!

No films are better than his pre-Police Story films (even though Police Story was the **** too!). Like Drunken Master (the greatest Kung Fu comedy of them all!) Young Master (his amazing directoral debut that featured the scene with more takes than any other scene in history!) and even Fearless Hyena! :shakefist

5673qs7.jpg


36b4jx9.jpg
 
Dragons Forever Finale.

As for the topic about Jackie, he's more of a businessman now than an action star. Yeah, he may be spoiled but c'mon...the guy is like 50 somethin' years old, and was supposed to be dead 28 times over for the past how many years.

But yeah, Jackie sure doesn't make em' as he used to. Same with Jet. But well...it's because they're GETTING OLD. It happens and it ain't gonna change.

The topic wasn't about his age, it's about the fact that he makes so many movies and then whines about how he doesn't like them, and then when he gets the chance to take the reins usually the movie as a whole is lackluster. Action's not his problem. The problem is that he doesn't really know how to do much else.

Man...if only Kwan Tak Hing was still around...

He'd still be slow and clumsy. :169:
 
The damn trailer is finally here, things look awesome! Darker than expected. I just don't know about the kid, Michael Angarano, he was a horrible actor in that crappy kids super hero movie, Sky High. Let's just hope things didn't go awry.

Their first good step was putting Jackie and Jet together :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE7ny2bfXF0
 
That was great. Looked better than I had expected it to be. Im still hoping that the fighting is not as bad as Jet Li himself said it would be. And that one line at the end was pretty funny.
 
I just read through some of the thread about how Jackie whines about his movies and how he is spoiled. While I dont have much to say about the whining part, other than that it seems that he whines more about his American films than his HK films. Ive heard him say that Drunken Master 2 is one of his favorite films. About the spoiled part, I think he deserved that privilege a long time ago. He has been through so much crap as an up-and-coming star, struggling to go from stuntman, to star almost all on his own steam. The guy has earned the right to reign over his own productions. Of course his newer films wont do as good, he needs more wire-work and is getting slow with age. I would be slow too if I had been through half the crap he has put himself through.

HK films are mostly about action. Thats why they spend 3 months on a few fight scenes but only like 2 weeks on the whole dialog for the movie. thats how its always been in Hong Kong. And, that is usually why we go to see HK films, for the most stylish and outlandish stunts and fight scenes in the world. Of course, I would love to see Jackie Chan do more story-based films, Crime Story was one of them. But, what can we do, but enjoy what he has done and enjoy what he can still produce for his age.
 
The damn trailer is finally here, things look awesome! Darker than expected. I just don't know about the kid, Michael Angarano, he was a horrible actor in that crappy kids super hero movie, Sky High. Let's just hope things didn't go awry.

Their first good step was putting Jackie and Jet together :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE7ny2bfXF0

:buttrock:

That looks damn awesome.

I hope Jackie Chan and Jet Li works together again to make a different film in the future.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top