The Acting thread - Calling all Actors of HJU!

Well, the auditions are closed...now we just wait.

Waiting games are the worst. I wish casting directors would just give calls of "I'm sorry but no". Then again when they get thousands of apps there's just no way that's possible, but still it would be nice.
 
Waiting games are the worst. I wish casting directors would just give calls of "I'm sorry but no". Then again when they get thousands of apps there's just no way that's possible, but still it would be nice.

*nods* I know, I know. I feel the same exact way.
 
Never been interested in acting, though I've been in a couple of graduation movies of guys that were at my university. I always liked directin/writin, that was I was studyin for -even though in the end I got a degree in history and criticism of movies.

Actin is interesting to me, it's just I prefer to watch people act, to make people act.

@ The Emperor: try it at least. But be sure to have a bit of support from your family, otherwise you could end like me...at 19 yo I went to London to frequent a film school, but I was too young, it costed too much and my funds were not too much, so I abandoned it, sadly. After some years, I came back to what I like -though not in London, but here in Italy.

It's sad because here there are less chances to work in that field -that's why I have a full time job that dont have anything to do with it:-\
 
Tomorrow is the Audition.
I'm practicing my Hamlet, Tempest and Titus today.
ill do one for the Merchant of Venice tomorrow before i go.

Ill hit them head on!
 
THE MASTER HATH RETURNED!

Long story short, Nailed it!
Won't know if i got a position for a few days, competition was stiff to say the least.

I went with a scene from Much ado about Nothing, the people doing the auditions thanked me for doing a Comedy, as most people had used scenes from the tragedies.

I think i got a pretty positive reaction, but the fact i have not been active in the scene recently might not help. Plus i did slip up once when i stumbled on one of Benedick's lines.

Time will tell......
 
Well, the most important thing for now is that you did your best. I'm glad you 'nailed it'. :thumbs:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top