The Acting thread - Calling all Actors of HJU!

Acting isn't as easy as it sounds,.
What? It has never seemed easy to me.

I used to have this belief in which only people 'born with the talent' could do it and the rest were screwed, but that's pretty much dead now.

There's really not much to do in this place when it comes to acting, my school and apparently all the others are in this weird belief that acting equals singing and dancing, so all plays HAVE to include that, enough reason for me not to join them.

I do plan on taking some acting lessons some day, but it's not like I plan to be an actor, I plan on being something else, and while I know I could pull it off nicely without them, I'd like to know what I could learn from them.
That and the fact that someday I want to be in a situation in which I say: ''I'm glad I took those acting classes''.
 
That is exactly like one of my Ex-GF's................
She was a sweetie though once i showed her some love, she made a good Hero in MAAN too.

I think some of the best actors happen that way, because you unlock that fire in them that I think burns harder than people who've just done it since they were babies. I think there's a passion in people like that that's hard to match.
 
I'm not sure but probably going back and researching some of the old PR casting scripts could be a good idea.
 
Anyone know any sites where I can get teenage commercial copy's and 1 minute monolgues?

Google?

I'm not sure but probably going back and researching some of the old PR casting scripts could be a good idea.

It depends. Old PR will definitely show them that you know PR. But i think it's best to show them you're a good actor, not just a good PR actor you know?
 
*sigh* I envy those who have gone into drama/acting earlier... :redface2:

I'm somewhat interested in acting though it's never crossed my mind to ever be an actor seeing that I tend to have a shell I need to come out of. Drama in high school was out of the question for me because of that though thinking back now, it would've been a good opportunity to get over that at the time. :disappoin

(Though if I were to act, I would like to take on villains roles more. :sweat: I love actors like Christopher Walken, Christopher Lee, Dennis Hopper, Willem Dafoe, Vincent Price, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, Jeremy Irons, Jason Isaacs, Sean Bean, etc. as somehow I tend to find villain characters more interesting.)

That said, I find myself more interested in being behind the camera. I've always dreamed of being a director as a kid. I still do now... but my parents don't support it. No idea why... maybe because I'm an only child so all their attention is focused on me (and they got no other child to "shape" into the way they want)... or could it be that I'm Chinese so they expect me to be a doctor, an engineer, a lawyer, or in my case: economist or some finance related stuff. I love money (who doesn't?) but such a field isn't what I want to do every day. :(

I hate my life as it is, to be honest (aside from getting everything I want and having the money to collect without much limits). I'm hardly doing anything that I enjoy. My education is for something my parents wanted me to do. At the moment, I'm done university now -- graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. I've been thinking of going into a film school to pursue my dream rather than what my parents want (which is to find work that is in the field I studied for and then live a life of tedious normality).

My mom says she'll accept my passion but she insists I must have some economics/finance in it. The "closest" thing (if it is even "close" at all) she'd allow is marketing. That's not what I want though... I want to make films. :redface2:
 
*sigh* I envy those who have gone into drama/acting earlier... :redface2:

I'm somewhat interested in acting though it's never crossed my mind to ever be an actor seeing that I tend to have a shell I need to come out of. Drama in high school was out of the question for me because of that though thinking back now, it would've been a good opportunity to get over that at the time. :disappoin

(Though if I were to act, I would like to take on villains roles more. :sweat: I love actors like Christopher Walken, Christopher Lee, Dennis Hopper, Willem Dafoe, Vincent Price, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, Jeremy Irons, Jason Isaacs, Sean Bean, etc. as somehow I tend to find villain characters more interesting.)

That said, I find myself more interested in being behind the camera. I've always dreamed of being a director as a kid. I still do now... but my parents don't support it. No idea why... maybe because I'm an only child so all their attention is focused on me (and they got no other child to "shape" into the way they want)... or could it be that I'm Chinese so they expect me to be a doctor, a lawyer, or in my case: economist or some finance related stuff. I love money (who doesn't?) but such a field isn't what I want to do every day. :(

I hate my life as it is, to be honest (aside from getting everything I want and having the money to collect without much limits). I'm hardly doing anything that I enjoy. My education is for something my parents wanted me to do. At the moment, I'm done university now -- graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. I've been thinking of going into a film school to pursue my dream rather than what my parents want (which is to find work that is in the field I studied for and then live a life of tedious normality).

My mom says she'll accept my passion but she insists I must have some economics/finance in it. The "closest" thing (if it is even "close" at all) she'd allow is marketing. That's not what I want though... I want to make films. :redface2:

Go for it. It really is a good idea that you have something to fall back on but there's nothing stopping you from at least TRYING. Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top