Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie

Skyknight

Lurker
Warner Bros. Pictures will handle domestic distribution of the first all-CGI-animated film in the popular "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" franchise, while The Weinstein Company will take international territories.

Variety says Warners will release Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on March 30, 2007. An overseas release date was not announced.

TWC and Warners jointly acquired worldwide distribution rights last fall from Imagi Services, which obtained the production and distribution rights from the Mirage Group, which in turns owns and manages the popular kids franchise.

Animation veteran Kevin Munroe is directing and writing. He developed the screenplay in consultation with "Turtles" comic book co-creator Peter Laird.

"'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' represents a brand that is widely recognized all around the world, and we think this new CG version will be a huge hit among audiences everywhere," said TWC co-chair Harvey Weinstein, who made the announcement with Warner Bros. Pictures president of distribution Dan Fellman.

The studio and TWC said the new PG-rated film will be slightly grittier than the three live-action "Turtles" movies released by New Line more than a decade ago. Combined, those three films grossed more than $256 million at the U.S. box office.

Imagi USA president-CEO Thomas K. Gray, who produced two of the earlier "Turtles" films, and Galen Walker are producing. Francis Kao, Laird, Gary Richardson and Frederick Fierst are executive producers.



http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=3937

Also, its' been confirmed that, prior to "Fast Forward", the title of season five of the present animated series, the team had beewn working on an ALTERNATIVE FIFTH SEASON, which they had to abandon half way through. MIRAGE comics have agreed to finish animating this "lost season" for exclusive DVD release.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the fact that it's gonna be CGI sounds very unexciting. Gomen Nasai!! :laugh:
 
At least the whole thing is going to be CGI and not just the Turtles.

I remember when they were saying John Woo was directing this outting. I still have that little unfinished promo too. Pretty nice, really.
 
The incredibles is one thing... but for ninja turtles? Nuh uh. Gimme suits anyday. The original movies were fine, I dont need wacky crazy crappy CG fun-ness for TMNT. But Im sure this will spawn a whole trilogy with everyone going nuts saying "omg I bet they will introduce Karai in the second movie and the battle will end in the third! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOMGOMGOMGOMgomgomg"

"RatKing is in the second movie omg!"

"No, Casey Jones specifically said he did NOT WANT to avenge his hockey stick! HE DENIED THE GHOST OF HIS HOCKEY STICK. He is not going to wear the mask again! SHUT UP! >_< THERE IS NO GG2!"


wait what?
 
Looks like the story for this movie has'nt changed at all from the original scripts developed in 1998, with the "City At War" arc being adapted
 
VengeanceGOD said:
No...he's saying the Ninja Turtles CGI movie might not suck because the Incredibles didn't.

lol... dude, I was responding to a post SkyKnight deleted. My bad. You guys can't see the deleted post message. :confused2
 
Hariken said:
lol... dude, I was responding to a post SkyKnight deleted. My bad. You guys can't see the deleted post message. :confused2

I deleted it by accident (had two threads here open), and thought it was'nt worth posting again. But yeah, I hated The Incredibles, just as I hate most of what Pixar "animate" barring a few exceptions where they show their capable of talent. I found their attempts at human beings unreallistic and retardedly ackward in detail, in fact, they looked worse than their first few humans in the Toy Story movies.

I'm not reeled into this false hype behind those clowns, whilst I respect them for animating such a breathtaking film as Finding Nemo (althought to be QUITE objective, only the ocean creature designs was the only good part), the plot fell flat on its' face, just as The Incredibles did. I actually preferred the Fantastic Four movie over it and I dont' like that either.

But of course, the instant someone has a differing opinion on the "great" Pixar, you're immediatly lynched for it.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top