Suzume Blu-Ray Release Pegged For March

Staff member
<p>You’ll want to get out of your chair for this one: Suzume, Makoto Shinkai’s latest anime feature film, now has a date for its own physical Blu-Ray release. Crunchyroll made the announcement this morning.</p>

Whoa, is Suzume going to be released physically? Very well done, Crunchyroll! When I can add a new anime to my collection, it makes me happy. Although I'm not very familiar with Makoto Shinkai's art, the storyline sounds intriguing. A cat that can transform someone into a chair, a catastrophe, and an enigmatic door? I'm in for the weird stuff! I'm thinking of buying the standard edition, but I have to stay within my budget, you know?Because the movie moves quickly, I enjoyed the road trip portion of it as a nice diversion before the conclusion. Simply watching the characters interact at that point was enjoyable as well. What a fantastic film

Folks have been chattering about how this movie fell short, didn't meet their expectations, especially when it came to the romance. But let me tell you, I reckon it's a gem, especially because love ain't the main focus, in my opinion. It's about grappling with a significant loss, giving a comforting hug to the traumas of your younger self. And, they did it beautifully. Suzume, carrying the weight of losing her mom, clinging to those memories through that old chair – her love isn't just for the guy stuck in the seat; it's for her mom's memories. It's like peeling an onion, layers upon layers. It seemed like her actions were aimed at glimpsing her mom in the world beyond that door.

I walked into the movie theater without a clue about the plot. Unraveling it slowly was pure magic. I vividly remember the Tohoku earthquake – watching it on TV, reading about it in the papers in the following days. I was just an 11-year-old kid back then. That event shook me up good and gave birth to my deepest fears.

During that loop scene, I admit, I shed a tear or two. If I could, I'd want to experience that loop for myself too. I'm sure a lot of folks feel the same way.

I realize I'm rambling, and my words might be all over the place, so I'll hush up now. But let me tell you, this movie hit me harder than a bull in a china shop, even more than that 'Your Name' spectacle.

Resident of Bandora's Palace
I was afraid that, upon entering Suzume, Makoto Shinkai would perform Your Name a fourth time. Suzume, despite its love story and magical elements, seemed to me to be a film about reclaiming your inner child. The story surprised me with how current it was!

Mai

Suzume was a true masterwork.
Everything about it, including the plot, characters, themes, and references to beloved Studio Ghibli movies like Kiki's Delivery Service, was fantastic!
I thought the movie did a great job of focusing on the protagonist's journey towards maturity and adulthood rather than on romance, as Shinkai's two previous films did.

Shinkai consistently delivers. Three consecutively amazing films!
There is no man like this.

I thought the movie did a great job of handling Suzume and Tamaki's relationship. In addition to masterfully capturing adolescent dynamics and fusing them with supernatural elements to produce an emotionally mature resolution at the conclusion, Shinkai's films are consistently visually stunning, with stunning animations!

When I saw this in an IMAX seven months ago, the animation quality was astounding. I always enjoy a good road trip movie, and this one was entertaining. I can think of one especially hilarious scene that involved a convertible and made the entire theater laugh. People, you really should watch this movie; it's great. I'll purchase the DVD.

Limited edition with a 60-page art book? That's tempting, but my wallet's giving me side-eye right now. I'll probably settle for the standard edition. I mean, it still comes with director's commentary and interviews, right? As long as I get the essence of the film, I'm good. But seriously, Crunchyroll, why you gotta tempt me with those exclusives?

Suzume, the latest masterpiece from the genius Makoto Shinkai, is finally getting its Blu-Ray release! I can't express how thrilled I am. The limited edition is a no-brainer for me; that art book is going to be a treasure. And the special features? Pure bliss for a Shinkai enthusiast like myself. I'm preordering this gem right away!