There’s Something They Didn’t Tell Us About Suzume

Staff member
We’ve reported several times by now on Suzume, the upcoming third animated movie from Makoto Shinkai (the one behind Your Name, the most successful anime movie of all time). Details were kept vague, but the story seemed solid enough. There was one detail, however, that Sinkai was purposely leaving out. Today the newest trailer was released and we now know the truth. This story has an element that’s, uh, interesting.
As we’ve said before, Suzume is the title of the movie and also the name of its protagonist, a survivor of some unspecified disaster that has left her Japanese town in ruins. She doesn’t know what caused it until the day she finds a single, battered door standing upright in the middle of a pile of debris — like the disaster somehow missed it. Stricken with curiosity, Suzume opens the door…which was not a good idea. Not only did what’s behind the door cause the disaster in the first place, doors like it are now opening up across Japan. Suzume has to clean up her own mess...

Continue reading...

Just call me a cynic, but I have a bad feeling about this whole thing. I think it's too soon to pass judgment, and out of Suzuka no Tojimari, Your Name, and Weathering with you, I find this trailer to be the least intriguing. I do not believe that this film will eclipse Your Name, I do not understand how the film "Demon Slayer" was able to outperform "Your name" To make it short, I think this will suuuuuck.

I am Alive!
Shinkai knows how to write strong female characters better than American writers in Hollywood. I think it will be a great movie.

The Truth will set you free
@KoaLa007fvl I highly disagree, I haven't seen a single bad Shinkai movie. This movie will deliver with all the hype it is harvesting. Radwimps also made the soundtrack and that alone is chef's kiss. Shinkai is the new Hayao Miyazaki.

It is not in theaters in my country so I will just wait for the crunchyroll release since I am a 1 year subscriber.