WIIIIIIIIIIII!
Kyusaku said:
Well, yeah. I mean if you look at a lot of the typical stereotype otakus, all they can talk about is some anime or something. Can't hold a regular conversation without making a comment or reference to some anime. I think it was in the Love Generation(Jdrama) where they had this one character, all he'd talk about is Evangelion, nothing else, man that guy was pathetic. VengeanceGod, did you ever look at the prices for some of the stuff that Densha bought in Akihabara that first episode? Which he seems to frequent on a weekly basis, he spent hundreds of dollars in 1 trip, probably his whole paycheck. So he spends his whole paycheck every week. What does that tell you?

1. Every example you guys pull out as an example of a what real people are like are characters from a TV show. The last thing a J-Drama represents is real life...that's the same **** you make fun of people for two paragraphs down for. Thinking that a TV show is real is what you're doing.

2. So when it's anime, it's bad, but you can spend $100 a week on Toku mecha? That makes no sense. Quit your double standards, man.

VengeanceGOD said:
1. Every example you guys pull out as an example of a what real people are like are characters from a TV show. The last thing a J-Drama represents is real life...that's the same **** you make fun of people for two paragraphs down for. Thinking that a TV show is real is what you're doing.

2. So when it's anime, it's bad, but you can spend $100 a week on Toku mecha? That makes no sense. Quit your double standards, man.

Art imitates life. I could try digging up that news article about that woman marrying an otaku who wanted to dress up as Kamen Rider for his wedding. Although I vaguely remember where I read it.

Here it is again, that American misconception of "otaku" only being related towards anime. You can be an otaku of anything, really. Densha Otoko portays that with its forums posters. It's just being an otaku of such childish things like anime and tokusatsu, that's when Japanese society can become very demeaning towards your personality. Being a tokusatsu otaku is actually somewhat worse than an anime otaku. Since tokusatsu is generally aimed at ages like 3-8. So, you're looked upon as someone of much older age with the mind of a child.

And a side note, I have never spent such a thing. I don't even know what would cost so much. I do not own nor plan to own any toku "mecha".

"Otaku" is used to describe an obession over something. Not just anime. I blame the american fans for coining that term with their, as Horoko calls it, "Wapanese". It's because of that you're thinking that otaku-ism is purely anime related.

Last edited:
WIIIIIIIIIIII!
...You're arguing makes no sense. I never said anywhere that Otakuism was anime only.

VengeanceGOD said:
...You're arguing makes no sense. I never said anywhere that Otakuism was anime only.

Yes it does because of your previous statement.

2. So when it's anime, it's bad, but you can spend $100 a week on Toku mecha? That makes no sense.

Spending $100+ a week on tokusatsu toys is not ok. Who said such a thing is ok?

boogie woogie feng shui
Horoko said:
I hate the Wapanese (yes, Wapanese) who use Japanese in general conversations.... I mean, that's like me saying something German in my daily speech. It's just odd and completely random.

"Oi! Look at my new shoes! Aren't they just Kawaii? These shoes...Atashi wa daisuki desu!"

Dude, I was just talking to somebody last night about how much I hate when people do that. It's like they're trying to be passed off as knowing Japanese because they know a couple simple adjectives. Mrrrrrgrrr.

Kyusaku said:
"Otaku" is used to describe an obession over something. Not just anime. I blame the american fans for coining that term with their, as Horoko calls it, "Wapanese".
Kyusaku-san sugoi!

*Blows own brains out*
Bolt said:
Dude, I was just talking to somebody last night about how much I hate when people do that. It's like they're trying to be passed off as knowing Japanese because they know a couple simple adjectives. Mrrrrrgrrr.
I met one of those kind of people. They were throwing around random Japanese like they were big ****, and annoying the **** out of my friends and I. So I walk up and ask to him, "Do you know what time it is?" in Japanese.

Of course, the idiot didn't know it...he was just reitterating what he saw on a fansub of some anime.

(Of course, I said it a bit wrong at the time..."ga" instead of "da" but whatever...my point is still valid >.>)

Would like to change his avatar
Horoko said:
"Oi! Look at my new shoes! Aren't they just Kawaii? These shoes...Atashi wa daisuki desu!"

Well that just makes me feel like an asshole, because I'm a bit guilty of that. I've used "oi," but more because it's British slang, too.

And I'm a pottymouth, so I've tried to use clean Japanese "curses" to replace some of my more colorful words. Getting frustrated and saying "onore" is better than saying "motherfucker," I think. And it doesn't hurt as many feelings. Because even if anyone did know what you were saying, nobody can be offended at "Oh, you!"

But give me a hit if I say "Oh, that's so kawaii" or "That's a good song, ne?"

Then there are the "Wapanese that Hide Under the Guise of Being Japanese by use of the Internet." The ones who say they are Japanese, say Japanese is their favorite language, and etc (Btw...who the the hell says Japanese is their favorite language, knowing full well that would be like me saying "I'm English...English is my favorite language!"), and can tell you all these facts about Japan (which usually come from Google). Yet, when you see their forum profile or something like that and see babelfished Japanese with 引く "hiku" under their interests (wrong kind of drawing....-.-;;; )

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
LOL.

Japanese is my favorite language so far, but I admittedly suck at it and wouldn't try and use it unless I really know what I'm saying. Or at least think I do.