Although the plot was awful as always, this movie really benefited from having lots of old actors to keep it exciting.
The main thing about this movie that made me smile through it was that it tried to give us the continuation of the separate guest's story. It was fun seeing Shotaro back in his goofy antics (Kaito there to accompany him was hilarious); It was great seeing Murasame Ryo continue on his quest to defeat Badan; it was nice to see Tsukasa still on his journey. All these things made it so much fun to watch, and their interactions were great! Surprisingly enough, almost all of them were written very well.
Takumi and Keisuke's side plot was really interesting. It was something that didn't really add anything to the film, but at the same time was probably the best part about it. Showa and Heisei meeting and having deeper conversations. I loved that. Also, seeing the two and how their lives had changed after their respective series was interesting.
Wasn't too big a fan of the Faiz ending change, but it was very Faiz-like and I could respect that. I do like how they kept Kusaka as the same jerk. And man, though the main plot with Shu was super recycled, I'm weak towards stories like that so the ending kind of got me. Fifteen was pretty cool, super forgettable though. Speaking of villains, the replacement V.O for the Great Leader is spot-on.
For Gaim being one of the major characters in the film... he kind of had no presence. Sure Ichigou arms was really cool but he didn't actually do much. Also Hongo's return was brief but nostalgic. The real star of this one was Decade - seriously, he was pretty much the hero this time.
Action was pretty solid, and loved that the Riders used all their moves. Both the Showa and Heisei endings were pointless and laughable but I don't really think it ruined the film for me.
That aside, it was good to see all the actors. Man, even seeing Haruto was pretty cool (though he kind of came out of nowhere).
Sentai cameo was pointless... but I see why they were obliged to do it.
Though I have to admit, Hongo Takeshi comes up with the worst plans. I think he just wants to show everyone that the old people are better.
"We could have all teamed up to prevent this Badan resurrection thing from the start but instead we'll pretend to kill each other again just so it looks like we're badasses who don't give a damn about those Heisei kids". That ideological difference being the reason they can't accept the Heisei Riders was pretty stupid too.
Immensely enjoyable film though. Those credits were awesome too. Couldn't recognize all those Hero hideouts off the top of my head though.
Hope they do more films like this. The return and use of the old characters makes any awful plot enjoyable.