Sentai 2012: Tokumei Sentai Gobusters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been so happy with a design before! I freakin' love these designs. The mecha, the suits, the changer... My god.
That being said it only shows the image of the show, we have no clue what the show will actually be like, just what some of it will look like.
People really need to fucking calm down freaking out over these images, the show hasn't even started yet, what's to get so angry over? I hate Fourze's design but I love the show itself.
Just because you don't enjoy the designs doesn't mean you can't enjoy the actual show.
People need to grow up and stop freaking out over every little thing.

I'd like to see the show push more sci-fi themes, especially since the aesthetic seems like it would bear that out. Plus we've got Gokaiger vs. Gavan for them to cameo in, which takes place (IIRC) in space. When was the last time we had a series that was aggressively sci-fi instead of mystical? Deka?

I'd love it if there was actually some space travel in this series, or if their base was a space station or something.
 
You complain about me trashing Gobusters, yet you constantly whine about hating Goseiger. Then you call ME a hypocrite :laugh:

Thing is... I don't dislike Goseiger. I liked it and found it entertaining. And I love GoseiKnight. That's why I welcome the robot buddies in Gobusters, because they can be interesting characters. I don't care if they're human, robots or aliens (my favorite Green Lantern is Kilowog). What counts is that they're likeable and have an interesting development.

Sentai may be a toy commercial but it still tries to inspire kids to strive for something. They can learn that from human characters. They can't get it from robots, because a child cannot be like a robot. Would the Twitter account set up for toku heroes to send encouragement after the earthquake have been as effective if the messages came from robots? No.

Watch Wall-E, that's all.
 
After seeing the scan, I cant wait to see the transformation, the mecha combining, and also who the other 2 will be joining the team.... This team looks promising. I hope the theme's good too.
 
I like Wall-e but can I picture him as an ass-kicking hero? Not really :sweat:

I don't get the idea that robots in fiction must be revered and treated like human characters otherwise it's equivalent to being racist in the real world. I don't even know where that argument comes from
 
You complain about me trashing Gobusters, yet you constantly whine about hating Goseiger. Then you call ME a hypocrite :laugh:

Sentai may be a toy commercial but it still tries to inspire kids to strive for something. They can learn that from human characters. They can't get it from robots, because a child cannot be like a robot. Would the Twitter account set up for toku heroes to send encouragement after the earthquake have been as effective if the messages came from robots? No.

I don't follow you here. I'm not really seeing the metal hero influence, aside from the partners. Sentai has always had a big focus on the mecha's, changers, weapons and any other gadgets/collectibles they can sell.. and we still have human characters, they just have robot partners, and that's similar to what we had with Go-onger. I haven't been fond of the idea of merging metal hero with sentai, but I'm not seeing a drastic change.

Some people whine a lot about certain other seasons, but stating your opinion about something is fine. No need to bring it up again and again though. We get that you don't like the concept here, but until we see more, what more is there to say?
 
I'd like to see the show push more sci-fi themes, especially since the aesthetic seems like it would bear that out. Plus we've got Gokaiger vs. Gavan for them to cameo in, which takes place (IIRC) in space. When was the last time we had a series that was aggressively sci-fi instead of mystical? Deka?

I'd love it if there was actually some space travel in this series, or if their base was a space station or something.
Yeah, hm, maybe. If it's Demon hunting though, I'd rather it stick true to those themes though. The base being a tomb in a graveyard or an old library.

I wonder what the villains will be like. I bet the henchmen have those paper hats on their heads.
 
I like Wall-e but can I picture him as an ass-kicking hero? Not really :sweat:

I don't get the idea that robots in fiction must be revered and treated like human characters otherwise it's equivalent to being racist in the real world. I don't even know where that argument comes from

Well, robots can represent a lot of things. They can be used to represent a "Frankenstein Complex" (the idea of how things inevitably go wrong when man tries to "play God"). They can be used to deconstruct things about human nature. Or yeah, they can be used as metaphors for "otherization" of races or classes of people.

I've said it before, but you (and everyone, really) should read some Asimov if you haven't. The reason he started writing is because he hated seeing robots used as metaphors for real-world concepts and wanted to honestly explore the idea of what a world full of robots would be like. He wanted to take the idea of robots as technology designed by man and tell stories about that. It results in some stories that are sentimental about robots, but they are always clearly robots, and it's the humans in the stories who assign them their anthropomorphic qualities, and ponders what it says about humans that we do that. When the line between humans and robots does start to blur, it's the result of extreme technological and cultural changes over the period of centuries rather than a desire to use the trope of robots as human analogs.

I'd love to see a toku that explored real, Asimovian robots. I kinda doubt this is gonna be it, though.

(Winspector may have done it but I only watched a handful of episodes of that.)

Yeah, hm, maybe. If it's Demon hunting though, I'd rather it stick true to those themes though. The base being a tomb in a graveyard or an old library.

I wonder what the villains will be like. I bet the henchmen have those paper hats on their heads.

Man, demon hunting with robots? That would be a pretty hard pill to swallow in terms of theme-clash. If it's metal hero-inspired it seems like they'd have to be space villains, even if they are kind of whimsical mystical space villains.

'course, now that I've dismissed the idea as too stupid to work, we know it definitely will be demons. :P
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top