Sailor Moon: Anime,Manga or Live Action?

MY vote goes for Anime. Well for one thing the Manga art style never appealed to me too much. But it was pretty kewl and fun to read. But the Anime looked great, had great music, a nice story that was differant but faithful to the manga in most aspects. I go for Anime. But Dubed and Subed I love equally. Sorry, I frown upon those morons who bash DiC. They did what they had to. You guys should be thankful they put so much fucking effort into the show in the first place. the voices were great, the ORIGINAL MUSIC was GREAT. All those vocal songs and 3 CD soundtracks were GREAT. I loved it all. So what if it was edited? Boo hoo. Im not going to lose sleep because I didnt get to see some scouts dying or getting hurt viciously from time to time.

They had to adapt it for american kids. Its understandable. And I still stand by my belief that Cloverway sucks balls. All they did was take a bootleg video and dub it. the sound was HORRIBLE the color was horrible. There was no attempt to restore the video where as DiC would have done more for us. Sorry, Cloverway dropped the fuckin ball. I think DiC should have stayed. With SailorMoon on Toonami they could have did less editing just like Funimation did with DBZ. They did less and less editing too allowing blood and everything. The same could have happened for SailorMoon. But noooo.. everyone had to bitch didnt they.. now look where sailor moon is. Dead and Forgotten. We didnt even get Stars. Hope you guys are happy. Though I never liked Stars that much... in fact, I really just cared about the first two seasons SM1 and SMR. Those were the best seasons in Anime..

yyeeeaaah Im not sure why I went off on a rant. Im just a moonie at heart. I always have been. Sailormoon will always be my favorite Anime series. Im still a die hard fan.

As for the LiveAction. It was great. It was kewl. I felt it lost its direction in the latter half of the series. The villains had nothing to do. The senshi did their own thing. The story got better a bit but. I dunno. I feel like they should have stuck more to the manga/anime. Or at least kept the Rainbow crystals story arc. I loved that story from the anime. Best part of the first season.
 
Cloverway was TERRIBLE. Whoever made the decision to cast Linda Ballantyne as Serena needs to be taken out and shot. She didn't make ANY attempt to make the character her own--just did a sickening job of emulating Terri Hawkes, whom I liked very much in the DiC version. Emilie Barlowe and Liza Balkan (Venus and Mercury) were equally as bad. The only good thing Cloverway did was keep the original music from the Japanese version.

Thank God for DVD's and fansubs(Sailor Stars) is all I can say.
 
That's pretty tough... Now let me say this!!

ANIME: I used to be a fan of Anime and I didn't like it very much. But now since Zatch Bell! series got me back to Anime now. I am half of it. Someday I will. I will never know in the future. Heh. I hate dubbed and cut scenes. I always prefer the original better.

MAGNA: I'm not into Magna yet.... =/

HENTAI: Oh heck no! They are horrible. Thanks goodness. Last time, I remember back in 2003... when I saw Perfectranger DVD on ebay and I was thinking about to buy them but later day, I researched for Perfectranger and it was HENTAI! Freakin' no! That's very disgusting. I would not buy any Hentai series like that!

LIVE ACTION: Now this is where I am getting into that! I love Tokusatsu. Sentai, Gransazers, Godzilla and others. I always prefer Live action alot. Expect Princess Blade which is I haven't seen it.

I vote Live action!

EDIT: Oh, it's for Sailor Moon. Nevermind what I;ve said about those. @_@
 
Last edited:
I've only seen it in an Anime tv show. So, Anime then.

This is for all Sailor Moon fans:

Aww, ain't that lovely? :P
 
voted for Live Action ..

one and only reason:

Kitagawa Keiko has the best pair of legs and that's enough for me to vote for the live action :P
 
FreedomBlack said:
Cloverway was TERRIBLE. Whoever made the decision to cast Linda Ballantyne as Serena needs to be taken out and shot. She didn't make ANY attempt to make the character her own--just did a sickening job of emulating Terri Hawkes, whom I liked very much in the DiC version. Emilie Barlowe and Liza Balkan (Venus and Mercury) were equally as bad. The only good thing Cloverway did was keep the original music from the Japanese version.

Thank God for DVD's and fansubs(Sailor Stars) is all I can say.

Thank you. Thank you!! I STILL cant stand the Linda version of Serena. I just cant. Its too annoying to listen to.
 
hMM.. Sailor Moon?

I kinda like both the Anime and the Tokusatsu, but I haven't seen a full episode of the Tokusatsu, just short video clips.

One really funny thing about the Toku is, the skirts do keep going up when the SailorScouts keep doing like kickflips n stuff!! :P

As for the Anime, I only have a few episodes of the American version on DVD (Gomene :P). I've not read the manga yet, but I've been interested for a while..

So I'll probably not vote yet them!!

Basri said:
I've only seen it in an Anime tv show. So, Anime then.

This is for all Sailor Moon fans:

Aww, ain't that lovely? :P
EWWW!!! :shakefist


Oh yes.. thank goodness the Saban version was cancelled!!! :laugh:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top