Royalty Payments to Toei - The Reason Power Rangers is on ABC Kids Only

Now that I think about they should just hand Power Rangers over to Marvel. For one it would allow them keep all their boy brands under one tent. Second right now Marvel has a better record with dealing with Japanese companies with the Madhouse anime deal and the (hopefully) upcoming Tatsunoko co-production.
 
Now that I think about they should just hand Power Rangers over to Marvel. For one it would allow them keep all their boy brands under one tent. Second right now Marvel has a better record with dealing with Japanese companies with the Madhouse anime deal and the (hopefully) upcoming Tatsunoko co-production.

Yes..Disney should hand Power Rangers over to Marvel, it's like homecoming for this franchise. But this is very reason why I will never understand Disney's unreasonable demands for creative control of Super Sentai.
 
Yes..Disney should hand Power Rangers over to Marvel, it's like homecoming for this franchise. But this is very reason why I will never understand Disney's unreasonable demands for creative control of Super Sentai.

Disney has always had control issues, and I mean both the company and Walt. Walt probably drilled it into the culture of the company stemming from both the loss of Oswald and the animator's strike.
 
Disney has always had control issues, and I mean both the company and Walt. Walt probably drilled it into the culture of the company stemming from both the loss of Oswald and the animator's strike.

Are you talking about Mr. Walt Disney? Well, if he were alive to see this, he'd never approved of their greedy behaviors. He'd take his company back in a instant, throwing people out of the building, hiring right people to restore a good faith of The Walt Disney Company.

But, loss of Oswald and the animator's strike? What does that do anything with this?
 
I mean, why should it? In the Japanese marketplace, Toei's Super Sentai goods compete with licensed Disney products!
Fair enough.. we'll just have to wait and see how this goes down.


Are you talking about Mr. Walt Disney? Well, if he were alive to see this, he'd never approved of their greedy behaviors. He'd take his company back in a instant, throwing people out of the building, hiring right people to restore a good faith of The Walt Disney Company.
You must be joking.
 
Are you talking about Mr. Walt Disney?

I think you have the wrong impression of Mr. Disney. He was a business man first and foremost. By some accounts a 'ruthless' one.

It's like the people who think/want Saban to get angry over what Disney has done and step in and set things straight. He doesn't care, he got his money and moved on. As much as I agree with the anti-Disney and Pro-Saban sentiment, I'm not going to fool myself.
 
Darn business decisions. Its all about the money nowadays. I don't know what to say about this. I say Toei should just focus on making Sentai for one continent only and that is for Asia.

Unfortunately, PR got it too (See Southeast Asia, Southern Korea and Hong Kong). just darn.

I mean, why should it? In the Japanese marketplace, Toei's Super Sentai goods compete with licensed Disney products!

which means Bandai (Toei SS) competes w/ TakaraTomy (old school Disney, since TakaraTomy don't have care for Disney Channel ones)

Great, now Disney is the Chaiyo of Super Sentai, probably worse.

At least they don't do original Sentai, unlike Chaiyo which did their own Ultras, though.
 
I'm thinking that if TOEI was to let Disney have their word there would be a lot more useable Ranger footage. A lot less scenes involving unmorphed rangers or rangers and civilians bystander, basically giving Disney MORE footage to work with and thus need less reshoot. Probably less shot of identifiable Tokyo landmark (there's too much Tokyo Tower shots in Sentai anyway :p) and probably more easy to cut down Mecha footage. I don't think TOEI would let the Mecha footage go down in length since the Japanese love it, but it would be much easier to cut down to a few blows and the finisher. Again with as little interaction between clearly japanese actors with the Mecha.

Basically make it cheaper to put together. Then they could bring the shooting to North-America and cast some pretty boys in the show that they could port to other platforms.

Disney is ALL about the multi-platform deals nowadays. Power Rangers would probably end up a band who fight evil monsters. Wouldn't be THAT bad but sure be cornier than MMPR :p
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top