It's been my hope and expectation that we will see a new Power Ranger film before the decade is out. And now that the WGA strike has finally been dealt with I think pleanty of studios will be looking to bank on some new properties and revists existing or older ones. Toys are the hot sellers and the moment with G I Joe and TF2 head straight for summer 2009. Obviously the studio behind these can't be the only studio who'll see classic and old school toys as the natural step in milking existing properties into movie franchises.

I say perhaps even this year, we'll be hearing strong rumors for new PR movie.
Exactly who will be in it, what the plot will be I don't know, but I'm sure we'll hate it like the other fans in the other forums devoted to the other top selling toy staples and end up loving the resulting product.

It's Judgement Time!
It's been my hope and expectation that we will see a new Power Ranger film before the decade is out. And now that the WGA strike has finally been dealt with I think pleanty of studios will be looking to bank on some new properties and revists existing or older ones. Toys are the hot sellers and the moment with G I Joe and TF2 head straight for summer 2009. Obviously the studio behind these can't be the only studio who'll see classic and old school toys as the natural step in milking existing properties into movie franchises.

You're definitely right. But I wonder if Power Rangers could be a successful movie, and even if it could, would Disney ever humble the idea. We don't know if GIJoe will be successful but TF was successful because it appealed to adults and kids.

I wonder what kind of movie they would make if they made a new Power Rangers movie.

It's really difficult to imagine PR ever getting another theatrical movie again.

Exactly who will be in it, what the plot will be I don't know, but I'm sure we'll hate it like the other fans in the other forums devoted to the other top selling toy staples and end up loving the resulting product.
A little bit overly optimistic when tptb have thoughts of canning the show and replacing it with an animated version.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"

Good luck with that, but You know Disney and their crazy ass entics.

A little bit overly optimistic when tptb have thoughts of canning the show and replacing it with an animated version.

What's "tptb"?

Don't get your hopes up. There hasn't been a theatrical in YEARS, and that was back in PR's prime. Also, with the future of PR up in the air as it is, it's debatable if we're even gonna see another show after Jungle Fury.

I'm not a PR fan, though, and haven't been in a long while, so this doesn't affect me one bit. :p

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
SPD had the perfect set up and universe for a movie... it's really a shame not to take advantage of that.

PR should never get a theatrical release if it isn't going to bring something new to the table like what Michael Bay's Transformers movie did for Transformers.

The only way a PR movie would work today is to make it straight to DVD or a tv-movie.